Manchester to Llandudno 2020

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

nickyboy

Norven Mankey
This has been running for several years and it has provided the opportunity for a lot of CCers to do their first ever Century Ride

It has settled into some time in Mid/Late May and that seems to work well. Unfortunately this presents a problem for me this year. I'm doing LEJOG in second half of May

So I'm not going to be able to run it this year. But it's a pity if it disappears so if anyone fancies taking on the organisation this year they're welcome. I can provide route maps (which can be changed of course but I think last year's was an improvement). If someone wants to jump in then I suggest to start a new thread and let this one disappear over time

I like Skol

A Minging Manc...
"But what about Scarborough?" I hear the masses shout....

:hello:

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
I hope somebody runs it this year, although I would do what I did last year and head back from the mid-ride cafe stop. (Ditto for Scarborough 2020.)

Has Eureka shut down now, and if so, where would be a suitable alternative?

StuAff

Silencing his legs regularly
Has Eureka shut down now, and if so, where would be a suitable alternative?
Happily no. FB page alive, kicking, and displaying pictures of very nice cakes on a regular basis. I won't be doing it this year, on account of already having used up all the odd days' leave for 2020-21…but I shall return!

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Happily no. FB page alive, kicking, and displaying pictures of very nice cakes on a regular basis. I won't be doing it this year, on account of already having used up all the odd days' leave for 2020-21…but I shall return!
But apparently still up for sale... If anybody has nearly half a million pounds spare and fancies running a famous cyclists cafe, CLICK HERE! :okay:

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
But apparently still up for sale... If anybody has nearly half a million pounds spare and fancies running a famous cyclists cafe, CLICK HERE! :okay:

It was shut when I went past, but it looked rather ramshackle to me.

Not sure if it's even all brick built.

Decent sized site, and presumably six miles from leafy Chester gives it some value.

Another one for sale is Parkhead Station cafe and bed and breakfast on the C2C outside Stanhope in County Durham.

It's on offer with a local agent which doesn't have much internet presence, but I understand the owners want about £450,000.

That gets you six letting rooms, owner's accommodation, and a couple of dining/cafe rooms.

Currently turning over about £43,000 a year.

Strictly, it's not a former station.

The owners bought a ruin, demolished it, and built the current building in the style of the former one.

It's rather isolated up there.

The owner told me they've regularly been snowed in for days or weeks over the years, and she's always had problems getting staff to travel to work.

http://www.parkheadstation.co.uk/

Last edited:

Brummie53

Good afternoon all, I clicked on this thread to see if there was a coast to coast cycle ride and noticed that PaleRider had mentioned C2C and
Stanhope in County Durham. Could anyone give me any info and where it starts / finishes at or point me in the direction of the correct thread. Many thanks

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
Good afternoon all, I clicked on this thread to see if there was a coast to coast cycle ride and noticed that PaleRider had mentioned C2C and
Stanhope in County Durham. Could anyone give me any info and where it starts / finishes at or point me in the direction of the correct thread. Many thanks

Whitehaven to Sunderland or Tynemouth.

Usually done that way to take advantage of the likely prevailing wind.

Some details on the Sustrans site, and their paper map is excellent.

Plenty of riders have posted a GPS track of the route on sites such as RidewithGPS or Strava.

There's not a dedicated thread on here, but you could start one in the touring rides section.

Lots of members have done the route, so you should get some feedback.

https://www.sustrans.org.uk/find-other-routes/c2c-or-sea-to-sea/

gavroche

Getting old but not past it
I would be hard pressed to organise it this year due to (a) work committments (b) a cycling holiday to Girona in May

However that doesn't preclude anyone else from organising it. It's run for enough years to be fairly straightforward
If you don't mind me asking, are you joining LeonardLee from Youtube in Italy?

Top Bottom