Manchester velodrome Sunday 4th December. STILL ON.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

colly

Re member eR
I've made a provisional booking for this date and am just waiting for the confirmation.

So it's Sunday 4th December 8am to 10 am. A nice early start for the insomniacs among us. :biggrin:

Register your interest seeing as how the booking is made. (pending confirmation)

Same as before, it's bike and shoes if required £15, and hire of track and coach £252, split between however many come along. Last time we had 15 of us and it was £17 apiece.

Colly +6

Danbo

Teletext45

Steveibabes

Fossyant +1

Judderz +2

Longers almost a possible

Crimmey

2old2care

SteveH

Steviebabes

Regular
Cheers Colin :thumbsup:

It is now in my diary. looking forward to it :biggrin:

Cheers Steviebabes

OP
OP
colly

colly

Re member eR
Sorry about this but the booking has NOT been confirmed.:sad:

I've been onto the track and have had to leave a message (lunch maybe)

I'll see about the Sunday 18th Dec 8am to 11am. I'm not sure if a 3 hour session would either be too long for people or maybe too much dosh. Let me know.

I hope to be able to speak to the booking office this afternoon sometime and as soon as I have been I'll let you know.
So IF that slot is still available I'll make a provisional booking for 2 hours.

It might be that all slots are taken so if that's the case it will be the new year. A new year session would be good anyway so let me know who is up for a session in Jan or Feb and I could make an advanced booking.

OP
OP
colly

colly

Re member eR
WELL....

As you were ! Just put the phone down to the booking office and it seems we are ok for the original date and times. It seems they read my e mail as PM and not AM.

So forget all that rubbish about it not being available.

WE ARE STILL ON !! :biggrin:

OP
OP
colly

colly

Re member eR
Still a while to go yet but I thought I would bump this back to the top anyway. :biggrin:

OP
OP
colly

colly

Re member eR
Yesterday I recieved an e mail from Andrew Gillott, Coaching Manager for British Cycling regarding the 4th December. I've copied it in full below so you can all read it.
He is asking that for the second hour of the two we have booked we agree to be used in the assessment for level three Track Coaches. It looks as if during second hour we would be having other riders on track with us. They would however pick up the full cost of the hire and provide refreshments and offer one or two benefits.

It seems to me as if it might be interesting and a worthwhile experience but of course it would mean having to fit in with other peoples plans for the second hour.

What do you all think? Do we go with it, or do we just keep the two hours to ourselves?

Hi Colin,

I’m contacting you with regard to your booking at Manchester Velodrome, 4[sup]th[/sup] December, 08:00-10:00.

We have a cohort of Level 3 Track coaches who require assessment in December and for a number of reasons, it appears that 4[sup]th[/sup] December is the best date for this to happen. However, there are a number of track bookings that day, including that made by yourself.

The format of assessment days is a series of coached sessions and we always find ourselves advertising for riders to take part in these free Level 3 coaching sessions. As such, I felt it was worth contacting you to see if your riders would consider allowing British Cycling to take over the latter hour of your booking, 09:00-10:00, but extend an offer to riders who have a good technical ability and bike handling skills. The minimum age for riders is 14 years old (riders under 18 years old will need a parental consent form). The sessions will involve activities to develop tactical performance and group riding.

We would of course take on the track hire costs for the whole of your booking, 08:00-10:00 and you would have sole use of the track for the first hour, We provide refreshments to the riders who take part, and we always manage to put together a goody-bag courtesy of our sponsors!

Kind regards,

Andrew

Andrew Gillott
Coaching and Education Manager

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Two words, yes please. Costs picked up and get to ride with folks who know the track very well. Deffo. Might get a few more coming. And refreshments. Keep the coffee flowing.

I think this would be interesting. Just like dans derny breathe out your ears session.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Don't forget there may be one to one or as near as with a 'coach' on the boards. I think it will be great, even better than usual.

GB155 and Potsy, ideal time boys to have a go. :tongue: I reccon me and others would happily ride side by side with any new riders.:thumbsup:

Top Bottom