Manufacturers XXL Clothing sizes are ridiculous!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

clefty

know the feeling, i'm a ladies 18 and 6ft tall, so generally wear guys stuff.
Although I have found the ladies berghaus lycra shorts in a 16 really comfy
I regular buy random sizes, I have some DHB baggy shorts in a L which are a great fit, some Endura shorts in XL which are too big now and recently had to send back some XL Sombrio shorts because they were too small! Its hit and miss depending where the clothing was manufactured.

MsMalfoy

I'm only 5'10 and I find leg length a prob in some bike tights and bottoms, you must really struggle.

Blonde

I find Aldi clothing sizes are enormous and only need a 10 or 'small' in there - but I guess it's because it's made for huge and muscular Germans!

Blonde

MsMalfoy said:
I'm only 5'10 and I find leg length a prob in some bike tights and bottoms, you must really struggle.

Ronhill must have changed their stuff recently, if you can wear their bottoms. I'm only 5ft 8 but found both their men's and women's bikesters were too short in the leg, in a men's small (too short by about 2.5 cm!) and in a women's medium (too short by about 2 cm!)

MsMalfoy

Blonde said:
Ronhill must have changed their stuff recently, if you can wear their bottoms. I'm only 5ft 8 but found both their men's and women's bikesters were too short in the leg, in a men's small (too short by about 2.5 cm!) and in a women's medium (too short by about 2 cm!)

I'm only 32 inside leg though.

Perhaps the XL have a bit of extra leg length as well as width.

clefty

i'm a 34" leg in general, although I dont buy long trousers so its not too much of a problem, in the winter I wear 3/4 shorts and leg warmers (classy I know)
and in the wet I just get over it and get a bit dirty.

Blonde

Ah ha, that makes sense - I'm a 33" inside leg in trousers/tights which means most brands of cycle tights are just about OK as long as the lycra is stretchy and they don't have under-foot stirrups (which means Ronhills are out, not being proper lycra tights and having under-foot stirrups).

You do realise ladies, that telling all and sundry how tall and lissome limbed you are, will mean you'll now be innundated with flirty messages from eager chaps.... :biggrin:

MsMalfoy

Nah, I've got legs like a pair of Giant Redwoods.

Top Bottom