Marin Hamilton

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Tharg2007

Veteran
my first post so thought I would post a pic of my latest bike. The bike is pretty much stock other than the wheels, seat and seatpost.
Had wheels custom made with mavic open pro in black, rear hub is an on-one fixed (with freewheel) quality black double butted spokes front hub is a campagnolo mirage in black, tires are armadillos 700c 23.
I have changed the seat and seatpost since the pic was taken.
I have kept the stock wheelset for when I take the bike down the meadows, dual purpose bike :rolleyes:

2337370760_68bfb8435c_b.jpg

My other bike is an old carlton criterium single speed hack for riding when the weather is poor, I'll get a pic of that one up too.

Mortiroloboy

Tharg2007, nicely understated. :rolleyes:

OP
OP
Tharg2007

Tharg2007

Veteran
I've only ridden it a few times and I'm not falling in love with it. Need to put some bull horns on it as they are the only kind of bar I'm comfy with, reckon will need to get a shorter stem too as the bullhrons will increase the reach, plus will need some aero levers that are v-brake compatible.

OP
OP
Tharg2007

Tharg2007

Veteran
yea frame looks kind of similar, I had an alu frame before and it wasn't for me.
If you like the wheelset then you should get some, i bought the rear hub from on-one (£17 inc post) and the rest was made up at the lbs, all together it cost me £147 for the set. you could sell your set on ebay and used I recon they would fetch close to £100 then get the new set and youre £47 quid down :tongue:

simonali

Guru
It's a little odd looking with that long fork. Does it have really wide bars fitted? My Marin did and I hated them! Bought a new stem and bars, chopped down the steerer tube and all is well now.

OP
OP
Tharg2007

Tharg2007

Veteran
yea, it has wide bars :tongue: I have some shiny new nitto bullhorns waiting to go on once i get a new stem
Forks look long cos its a 29er big wheels with clearance for mudguards i guess
this is what it looks like in its original state
08%20Marin%20Hamilton.jpg

OP
OP
Tharg2007

Tharg2007

Veteran
think i might sell this, been riding on it a few times now and don't think I get on with this kind of frame ;)
might sell with original parts or sell in bits
any thoughts?

simonali

Guru
Pity, I might've been tempted if it'd been a 17! I'm 5' 8" and could probably ride the 19, but the seat would be a bit low and look naff, I reckon.

OP
OP
Tharg2007

Tharg2007

Veteran
simonali said:
Pity, I might've been tempted if it'd been a 17! I'm 5' 8" and could probably ride the 19, but the seat would be a bit low and look naff, I reckon.

I would agree , your bike looks quite small in comparison.

Top Bottom