Marin on Ebay

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

chrisuren

Bidding has Closed :wahhey:

Alembicbassman

Confused.com
There was a 'bike shop' (farm industrial unit) in Nuneaton W. Mids had a job lot of Marin bikes in as bankrupt stock. I bought a Larkspur off him for £200 (RRP £390) It was pukka, but no mfrs warranty as not an authorised Marin dealer.

I think he sold all the bikes as a job lot to another dealer.

I don't think Marin are as well made as some other makes though. They used to have a good reputation, but like GT are now forced to cut costs. My original 1998 GT was made in california, now it's all Far East fabrication.

Marin's are grate and well built...

BTW Marin is from Marin county in California and has been going since 1986 and GT is from Santa An, LA, California?(I maybe wrong on the last bit) and started in 1979. But none of the bikes that are sold have ever been in the USA. GT's are made in Taiwan which is one of the best places for bikes to be made at the moment.

Mr Pig said:
Seems most bikes are these days.

No doubt also is the innards of the computer you/we are typing this on.

Nothing wrong with Taiwanese technology.
Their standards are very high, and labour rates are close to ours (apparently)

spandex said:
you are right V-N but some have higher standards it all depends on the price of the thing you are buying.

A company called 'woof wear' manufacture a body protector called an 'Exo' for horse riders. It is the only body protector which actually can protect the rider from a 'rotational fall' (where the horses head goes down, the ride is thrown and then the horse goes head over heels and lands on the rider - average horse weight - 500kg)

when you hear of fatal riding accidents on horseback (in competition, this is the usual cause)

This protector differs from the others as it has a magnesium cage to protect the riders vital organs. They use magnesium alloy as it bends without snapping like carbon fibre - which could pierce the riders body when it fails.

The only place they could get this casting made up to standard and down to price was 'Taiwan'

exo_main.gif

In testing 650kg was dropped on it from two metres and the sensors positioned beneath the Exo detected no force – very reassuring

Woof%20Wear%20Body%20Cage%20Exo.jpg

spandex said:
Sounds good I now know a bit more about horse riding Thank you.

But what has that got to do with cycles?

They are more than capable of producing the standard of quality you would expect to see in a top dollar cycle - peoples lives depend on this technology doing its job.

I'm a toolmaker by trade. All of the CNC machining centres and lathes as well as much of the measuring equipment we use come from Taiwan.

If a british bike manufacturer set up, they would no doubt be machining the parts on these machines.

logo2new.gif
V-60i%20new_1.gif

Top Bottom