Mark Beaumont's...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

potsy

Rambler
...latest adventure 'cycling the America's' is on BBC1 next Tuesday at 10.35pm. Looking forward to watching this as I'm just about to finish his 'cycle the world' book.

twentysix by twentyfive

Clinging on tightly
Sounds good :smile:. But 10:35 is past my bedtime :blush:.

So I'll set up the digi recorder :blush:

Thanks for the "heads up" :smile:

Melvil

Will certainly watch it. Cheers for the reminder. Wonder what he's going to do next and if it's going to be on a bike?

just jim

Cheeaz - will give it a watch.

OP
OP
potsy

potsy

Rambler
Should be good,1st of 3 parts tonight.Still haven't finished reading his book yet though,at this rate it's taking me longer to read than he did to go round the world:biggrin:

Crankarm

Guru
potsy said:
Should be good,1st of 3 parts tonight.Still haven't finished reading his book yet though,at this rate it's taking me longer to read than he did to go round the world:biggrin:

It's not a record breaking read then :smile:.

Tonight's programme 50 minutes covers the first stage from Alaska to Arizona 4500 miles. That's 90 miles for every minute. Given there will be lots of padding he's probably travelling at well over 100 miles a minute. Fast.

Will be keen to see how the programme makers cover the inevitable long stretches of boredom and loneliness on the long highways.

rh100

Did you watch the last one Crankarm - the around the world trip? It was very well made I thought, I hope this series is in similar format. IIRC it did show the lonely parts as well as the interesting stuff, would like to see it again though as I watched it before I got into cycling as a past time.

Wasn't it in the USA he got knocked off the bike last time?

Crankarm

Guru
rh100 said:
Did you watch the last one Crankarm - the around the world trip? It was very well made I thought, I hope this series is in similar format. IIRC it did show the lonely parts as well as the interesting stuff, would like to see it again though as I watched it before I got into cycling as a past time.

Wasn't it in the USA he got knocked off the bike last time?

I only saw one programme of his last series riding across Australia IIRC. I didn't feel the programme presented his feat in a particularly special light. Perhaps I prefer reading the book versions of travelogues instead.

I prefer some of the travelogues on CGOAB.

Don't know anything about him being knocked off the US.

Top Bottom