England : Leicestershire Market Harborough meet up

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

13 rider

Guru
I have finally got some planning done for a Market Harborough meet up
Date Sat 1st July so advanced notice
The rough plan is to meet at Waterloo Farm Cafe just off the Brampton trail for around 1030 . I am going to plan a 15 to 20 mile loop around the area back to the cafe which is opinional and if we head back near people's home they can peel off .
Who's in ? @PeteXXX ,@biggs682 ,@The Bystander ,@pclay ,@tallliman ,@Supersuperleeds ,@broady
@Supersuperleeds I'm using this ride for July's 100m rough idea 80 miles Cossington to Cossington
Look forward to meeting everyone

Supersuperleeds

Legendary Member
I'm happy to meet at Cossington and do my imperial as well

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...
What bikes are we on? I can bring my CX or Trek full sus.

If you want any input on a loop around the area, I know it quite well. :smile:

OP
OP
13 rider

13 rider

Guru
All of us from leicester will be on our roadies . I rode the trail for Harborough to Waterloo and it was manageable . I'm looking at a road loop from Waterloo via great oxenden out to welford way but suggestions welcome I think a distance of 15 to 20 will be enough for everyone

PeteXXX

I'll be on the CX then.
Welford, Naseby then Haselbech to Kelmarsh is a nice loop that can drop us back onto the Brampton Valley Way by Maidwell for a trundle northbound through both tunnels & back to the Waterloo if you fancy it? Lights will be handy..

OP
OP
13 rider

13 rider

Guru
I'll be on the CX then.
Welford, Naseby then Haselbech to Kelmarsh is a nice loop that can drop us back onto the Brampton Valley Way by Maidwell for a trundle northbound through both tunnels & back to the Waterloo if you fancy it? Lights will be handy..
What's the surface like on that end of the trail bearing in mind were on roadies . I hear it and mind and firm up plans nearer the time

Supersuperleeds

Legendary Member
What's the surface like on that end of the trail bearing in mind were on roadies . I hear it and mind and firm up plans nearer the time

I've rode the full Brampton Valley Way on the Allez, it is much better suited to do on a hybrid/mtb though (I suspect that ride was instrumental in knackering my wheels!) . Also if we do the tunnels we will need proper front lights.

PeteXXX

I don't think the surface is any worse that the M. Harb to Waterloo stretch. I'll take a vid of it and send the link if it'll help?

I was gonna say, I'm not sure the surface through the tunnels and my wheels would be a good combination from what I remember from a few years back.

OP
OP
13 rider

13 rider

Guru
We will see what pete reports but having the riden the bit from Harborough I wouldn't want anything worst we may stick to the roads . I currently studying maps working out a loop . Will confirm plans nearer the time but feeling is we will stick to the roads

Top Bottom