Marking a bike frame (theft recovery stuff)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Bigtallfatbloke

You know how cars have a seriel number palte and sometimes it is stamped on windows etc so that the hav emore chance of getting it back to you...well is there something like that I can do to my bike?

domtyler

Über Member
Ha ha ha, ho ho ho, he said bicycle theft recovery! He he he, ha ha ha etc.

grhm

Veteran
I've seen people like immobitag offering a way to mark and register your bike. Looked interesting but I've no idea how effective it is.

They also seem to have a related website where you can register your bike and add details like the frame number, scans of the receipt/proof of purchase, and photos to aid identification.

There's also something similar by datatag. But again, I've not used either, so I've no idea what there like and am merely offering their availability to spark discussion.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Yup immobitag - got my commuter done free a couple of weeks ago, and Sharky got his new Allez done.

The Manchester Police are pretty darn good for freebie security stuff !!!

Ours was a chip inserted into the depths of the frame - very difficult to remove !

gbb

Legendary Member
All the bikes in my shed are marked with smart water....cept my latest and most expensive :thumbsup: which was brought after i marked everything. Must put that right :tongue:

Good system....if Police recover anything nowadays, they automatically scan it for Smart Water ..it'll identify it immediately.

See your local Police....ours had an initiative where you signed up and got the Smart Water free

Top Bottom