Mars 4.0 / Mars 3.0 Rear LED's

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Finally got delivery of my Mars 4.0 to go along side my Mars 3.0 and Cateye EL RD600.

Like the Mars 3.0 it's very well made and looks just as waterproof. Slightly more compact than the Mars 3.0, and can be opened with a coin to get at the batteries - the Mars 3.0 needs 3 small screws removing. Both halves of the casing are sealed by a thick rubber moulded washer.

The 4.0 only has 2 modes - constant and a steady flashing mode, where as the 3 also has a chasing function.

The 4.0 has just 3 LED's, a 1W rear and 2 orange side LEDS, the 3.0, 5 rear, 2 side.

As for brightness it's much brighter than the 3.0 and a Cateye LD600 - possibly 1.5-2x brighter.

The 4.0 is bright, no doubt, but it doesn't have the mad flash that the Smart has, but it's waterproof and comes with a lifetime g-tee..... I intend having this one on constant, as the battery change is easier then the Mars 3.0. The clamp is also better on the 4.0, and comes with a rack adapter, but unfortunately, neither the 3 or 4's clamps are interchangeable.

A couple of pics, but they don't do it much justice... 4.0 top, 3.0 below, then the cateye at the bottom - all on constant. Pics from my pitch black garage..... In the first pic you can see the side LED output from both Mars LEDS...

DSCF2174.jpg

DSCF2179.jpg

Top Bottom