Unknown Blue track / Path bike

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
Well a good friend of mine picked this up recently . And as of today 4th June 2019 it now resides in my garage

thumbnail_20180619_153138.jpg

And its got mahooooosive crank in fact 60 tooth !!!!!

thumbnail_20180619_174300.jpg

The only number he has found so far is 205 on the right hand rear drop out , it has rather distinctive rear seat stay caps almost like saw teeth that you can just make out in below picture .

thumbnail_20180619_153249.jpg

Nervex stamped bottom bracket shell drillings both ends for calipers and sits on 700c rims got to admit i like it a lot . Rear brake bridge has long diamond shaped flanges and has a lightly curved profile .

Got no idea who made it so ideas or suggestions and can you imagine pushing that crank around !!!!!!!!

Last edited:

raleighnut

Legendary Member
Nice :becool:

midlife

Guru
Looks like a 60's path bike.... Those seat stay caps with a ridge were a sign of quality, can't bring to mind a builder who scollaped them.. :smile:

carpenter

Über Member
I searched "scalloped seat stays and came up with this:

http://www.classiclightweights.co.uk/hillspecial.html

Hills made path bikes, also interesting read - I hadn't known that welded frames were made in the 40's due to lack of lugs.

OP
OP
biggs682

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
Got a better pic of rear seat stay

thumbnail_20180621_144603.jpg

And they are different to anything i have seen

20180621_145818 (1).jpg

Fork crown is nice and the stearer carries the same 205 stamping

GuyBoden

Guru
It took me way longer than it should have done to work out picture 2.

Admittedly I was looking at it on my phone but I was thinking how come the small ring is on the outside. And how does the crank go behind the small ring but in front of the big ring?

Yeah, yeah, I've worked it out now.

I'm hoping it was just a pic for comparison purposes, or is it for real........:eek:

Top Bottom