mature cheese brainwashing

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Abitrary

For the last 5 years I have grated mature cheddar on my spaggetti bolognaise, because I thought it had the best bang for buck.

However, recently, coop only had medium stuff which I begrudgingly bought... but the taste was so subtle!!! It had a yoghurty sour taste that made it all taste like french bolognaise.

Another thing I've noticed is that the company 'seriously strong cheddar' have put the copyright sign after the word 'seriously' as if they've copyrighted the concept of being serious rather than just cheese.

BigonaBianchi

Yes I can, Yes I am, Yes I did...Repeat.
Typical of the Co Op..full of shoot.

OP
OP
A

Abitrary

gratts said:
You sicken me with your medium beliefs.

I know it's weird, but you will eventually find that cheese is not entirely made of, er, 'cheese taste'. It's made of complex liptins and proteins that make up its subtle taste.

Seriously, buy a lump of medium cheese tommorrow - and use your taste buds instead of your impatience.

Keith Oates

Janner
Finding a good mature cheddar is not easy IMO. I used to buy some at a local market when I was living in Cornwall and it was very good and made the tongue tingle when you put some in the mouth, but I've not found anything to match that for many years!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

A

another_dave_b

I tend to use Stilton. It's cheap, and has a strong flavour.

It's a good cheese for cooking generally, though I've not yet used it for Potatoes Dauphinoise (creamy, cheesey potatoes). Fantanbulous for toasted cheese sandwiches, bit of a disaster for un-toasted cheese sandwiches.

rikki

Legendary Member
Arbitrary

I agree with you about subtle flavours in cheese.

But wtf is spaggetti bolognaise

Is this all part of an alternative spelling rebellion?

Or do you really think Bolgn'ese is French and should be spelled the same way as mayonnaise?

Sorry, but the spelling with aise is one of those little things that really gets me :wacko:

Top Bottom