Media Contacts ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

gb155

Fan Boy No More.
Afternoon all.

I have decided to contact the media with my weighloss story in light of all the "Im too fat to work" storys in the media at the moment.

When I last did storys in the media it was handled by an agent, however now I dont have that option so am attempting to do it myself, one reason is to put out there another side to "im too fat to work" but also to raise money following my recent charity rides.

So I am looking for as many media contacts as you can give me, The release that I intend to send is below, any pointers on that would be appreciated too

Thanks In Advace

"
My name is Gary Brennan and this is my story.​
A little under 2 years ago I weighed in at just under 40 stone. Due to this I had high blood pressure, type 2 diabetes and suffered from sleep apnoea, and due to my poor state of health I was approved for gastric bypass surgery on the NHS, as this was seen as the only option I had left.

Being a 27 year old married father of 2 children, I decided that I needed to do something whilst waiting for the operation to help make my body stronger for the recovery.

For this I decided that cycling would be the best option, and I set about cycling to work, doing just a few miles a day and catching the train for the rest of the journey.

Within 6 months I had lost so much weight that I no longer came under the umbrella of needing any form of weight loss operation, and as such, couldn’t have the gastric bypass surgery.

Today I stand here at just 17 stone! Whilst still overweight, I have lost over 22 stone in weight through nothing more than cycling, healthy eating and sheer determination.

I am sending you this as there has been a spate of articles in various forms of national press about weight loss and the various ways of achieving goals, and there are people out there who are severely overweight and clearly need some form of help or advice, or perhaps just a little inspiration (I know I needed some myself in the early days) .

I now cycle between 25 to 30 miles per day. Over the last year I have completed four 60+ mile charity events with more to follow over the coming years.

I believe that my story could help some way towards the goal of a healthier Britain and show some people what can be done with will power, dedication and very little financial outlay.

I also blog about the ups and downs of my weight loss journey, including photos and videos, in a hope to inspire more people to do the same.​
I do hope that you will contact me so that, together, we can inspire people who are in the situation I used to be in to change their lives for the better.

My website, should you be interested, is:​
Regards​

Gary Brennan"​

Scotmitchy

Gary, do you have your cuttings from your last media attention? I would contact the named reproters and offer them an update, in light of the story which has caught your eye. Be sure to stress that you are a direct comparison to the public's perception of obesity.

Also, if any one story caught your eye, make sure you contact that journalist, tell them why you are calling and offer them the follow up.

Or, start with your local paper, then ask them to spread the word out to the nationals.

OP
OP
gb155

gb155

Fan Boy No More.
Gary, do you have your cuttings from your last media attention? I would contact the named reproters and offer them an update, in light of the story which has caught your eye. Be sure to stress that you are a direct comparison to the public's perception of obesity.

Also, if any one story caught your eye, make sure you contact that journalist, tell them why you are calling and offer them the follow up.

Or, start with your local paper, then ask them to spread the word out to the nationals.

Cheers Mate, I shall give it a go.

rodgy-dodge

An Exceptional Member
Hi Gary totally inspirational :thumbsup:

I'd contact all your local news people its through this that the Bigger news people pick up these type of stories. If your in a union you could try them too and get them to run a piece for their newsletters.

I sadly lost my brother to Industrial disease a year gone August, although he new he didn't have long to live he spent the last six months of his life fighting to get a law overturned on compensation. He contacted our local newspapers and I contacted the BBC which ran a piece on the local BBC radio sadly he didn't make national news but his video was shown at last years TUC meeting to Gordon Brown.

I think what I'm trying to get across is start at the grass roots. good luck

Top Bottom