Medicines Shortages

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Anyone been affected yet ?

I've been trying to get one of my meds since early September. The pharmacist had one in stock (I have two a month) and I've been waiting since, now owed 3 items. I'll have to think about going to the Docs at the end of the month if none are available as I'll be 2 1/2 months down. I've currently got enough as I don't quite go through two items a month, think each lasts 2 1/2 weeks, so I have about 2 months supply.

I've heard some insulin supplies have been 'limited' - not yet happened with my son, but worrying.

Drago

Flouncing Nobber
Mrs D has 14 different tablets and 2 different injections daily. No problems whatsoever with the supply of any of then.

Was at the hairdresser last week and she said she couldn’t get her HRT.
Thankfully the only prescription I am on is Sumatriptan for migraines. Maybe I should re-order early just in case.

presta

Über Member
I've read a few articles about it, but only one mentioned either of my meds. I can't order them early because the computer blocks prescription requests until it thinks they're due, but if I don't get them I'll be on an ambulance in fairly short order.

Vantage

The dogs chew toy
I've noticed that I no longer get full, unopened boxes of insulin pens. They (doc or chemist) are supplying based on how much I'm using.
Novo nordisk (I think that's right) made a statement a while back that brexit wouldn't affect the way they deal with insulin supplies.
I'm not sure who to believe but the idea of insulin being rationed scares the s**t out of me.

Drago

Flouncing Nobber
This is weird. The two largest HRT manufacturers are British and American, so whatever is the issue with the supply? Stuff like naproxen is also affected. What gives? The obvious thought is "Brexit", but the PDA say that's not it.

Is there a shortage of some chemicals or somesuch?

classic33

Legendary Member
All current anti-epileptic medication I'm taking is made in the UK. Enough of two for a further two weeks, at current dosage. A third I'm on a reduced dosage due to not being able to get any more. Come the end of the month I'll be out off them all.

I think around a week with nothing will be another "visit" to A&E.

classic33

Legendary Member
This is weird. The two largest HRT manufacturers are British and American, so whatever is the issue with the supply? Stuff like naproxen is also affected. What gives? The obvious thought is "Brexit", but the PDA say that's not it.

Is there a shortage of some chemicals or somesuch?
Certain countries want to ensure their supplies are safe.

ColinJ

It's a puzzle ...
The only thing I take is Warfarin and there hasn't been a problem with that (so far). Mind you, it is such a common and easily-made drug that I can't really see there being shortages of it? :whistle:

Still... 🤞 for all of us who have to take medication on an ongoing basis!

PS Thanks for reminding me - it is time for me to order the next month's worth.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Salty seadog News & Current Affairs 28
Pale Rider CC Cafe - General Chat 30
Top Bottom