Merlin Cycles...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mortiroloboy

Anyone in the cafe used them? They have a Campagnolo Veloce Groupset for sale £225 on-line special, any experiences? Good or bad.

Certainly the cheapest I have seen it on line, got to have a 39/53 though as no comact available, but with a 13 26 cassette won't be a problem.

Just wanted to know if they(Merlin Cycles) were OK really.

I'd like to know what they're like too. I see Campag Chorus gruppo is going cheap.

Plax

Guru
I've used them via their ebay shop and found them very good. I've only ever ordered one thing from them though (clipless pedals).

Got the odd set of mtb wheels from them - it seems to be the case, and I have heard others say this too, that you need to check the wheel build quality v carefully and make sure everything's tight enough. But they can't be beaten on price...

OP
OP
M

Mortiroloboy

I'm only up for the gruppo, have already got a pair of Fulcrum R7's, the idea is to improve my SCR4 frame with decent wheels and Campy groupset for the winter hack.:becool:

MichaelM

Guru
Kirstie said:
Got the odd set of mtb wheels from them - it seems to be the case, and I have heard others say this too, that you need to check the wheel build quality v carefully and make sure everything's tight enough. But they can't be beaten on price...

It used to be that Merlin Cycles were well known for the quality of their wheels.

merlin ,of leyland?
excellent we usually go to the shop to buy as it's not too far away.but if it's not convenient or they have a sale on we get mail order.service is good, my son ordered shorts on saturday night and they arrived today.
i've used them for a few years with no problems.
they've only recently started selling the campag stuff.

mondobongo

Über Member
Ordered bits and pieces off them over the years, prompt delivery and no probs. Knew someone who bought a complete bike off them was very pleased it.

Hi All,

This is my first post so here we go.With regards to Merlin Cycles,I recently purchased a very nice FSA K-force light carbon crankset from them,The service and delivery were first class and the price was even better with it costing me £100 less than other well known internet/mail order sites.Well worth checking IMO.

Top Bottom