Messenger/pannier bag

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

JuanLobbe

Über Member
Hi all

Can anyone recommend a decent pannier bag that also doubles as a messenger bag for use off the bike?

Sick of my decathlon panniers which take forever to put on/remove from the bike.

thanks..!

ttcycle

Cycling Excusiast
I can't think of a pannier that would be a messenger bag off bike as the designs are completely different. I assume you want something you can carry off bike? There are ortleibs where you have accessories that can convert it into a backpack or there is a carry strap you can attach. They're fairly pricey though!

Just thought re your comment on getting them on and off bike being difficult-in what way?diddly or cause they have certain attachments? Unable to see decathlon page on my phone!

EDIT: hah my phone has done a ned flanders - that was supposed to read fiddly!
laugh.gif

OP
OP
JuanLobbe

JuanLobbe

Über Member
I can't think of a pannier that would be a messenger bag off bike as the designs are completely different. I assume you want something you can carry off bike? There are ortleibs where you have accessories that can convert it into a backpack or there is a carry strap you can attach. They're fairly pricey though!

yeah, was hoping for something like the KNOG DryDog - does anyone use one? Or know of a similar, cheaper alternative?

thanks.

I've never seen a pannier I wanted to wear nor a shoulder bag I wanted to afix to a bike. They do exist - every so often some bright spark thinks it'll be a great idea - but they are always a compromise too far. Finding a shoulder bag that you feel comfortable wearing is a task in itself, and you already know that it's easy to find a pannier which is a pain in the butt to use.

Buy one or the other (or both).

OP
OP
JuanLobbe

JuanLobbe

Über Member
I've never seen a pannier I wanted to wear nor a shoulder bag I wanted to afix to a bike. They do exist - every so often some bright spark thinks it'll be a great idea - but they are always a compromise too far. Finding a shoulder bag that you feel comfortable wearing is a task in itself, and you already know that it's easy to find a pannier which is a pain in the butt to use.

Buy one or the other (or both).

Thanks for the view.

What about the Knog Frank Dog?
http://www.amazon.com/Knog-Frank-Dog-Laptop-Bag/dp/B002VPDEAA

Top Bottom