Met my double today

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Nice ride to work and home again on the Fixed gear today.

Riding home I caught up with a bloke who was almost my double.
- Red short sleeved jersey
- Black shorts
- Similar mudguards
- Similar bikes
- Same shoes.
- Same pedals.

Eerie.

Blimey I rode fixed wheel ten years ago when it wasn't a fashion statement.

Excellent story. I too met my double on a long lonely ride across the Island on Sunday. We crossed way out in remote countryside and gave each other a laugh and a wave! What is spookier still, we were like you and your double - both wearing: black shorts, red short-sleeved shirt, black shoes and riding similar looking white road bikes.

wafflycat

ed_o_brain said:
Nice ride to work and home again on the Fixed gear today.

Riding home I caught up with a bloke who was almost my double.
- Red short sleeved jersey
- Black shorts
- Similar mudguards
- Similar bikes
- Same shoes.
- Same pedals.

Eerie.

Point of order! Shurely he could not have been as handsome as you! :smile:

I too have a double, this is made even more unlikely by the fact I am an alternative looking person with a long greying beard. We first crossed paths when I worked in the opposite direction to where I work now, I was on my way home and suddenly saw myself going the other way he looked at me and both of us started laughing (he was obviously thinking the same thing as me) From then on we would give each other a wave when we passed (not very often as I could finish anytime from 1pm to 11pm)

Now I work in the other direction for the local council, I get papped ( is that a word?) at by people I have never met, get to work and people say how did you get here I’ve just passed you (Or seen me going the opposite way) and then tell me how they have been papping at the wrong person and most likely shouting or signing abuse as is the way of the lads ( poor bloke!).

I quite often get to have a brief chat with the guy in traffic on my way to work, he commutes much farther than myself so if he is in front I can generally catch him ( he’s already done 10 miles or more as I start my commute which is only 2 ½ miles.

eldudino

Bike Fluffer
I rarely see anyone to compare myself to, and anyone I do see is no where near as ugly as I am! :thumbsup:

u9ge

join a club where most where club kit on a clubrun, you get bored of looking like everyone else quite quickly...

Top Bottom