Metal one peice bottle cage required

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Tom B

Guru
I have a couple of Oxford bottle holders that on closer inspection appear to be made from three parts. The frame that holds the cage to the bike, the top back bit of the cage, in essence a narrow U shape and the part that suports the bottle. The U shape and the bottle support just appear to be pushed into the mount and possibly crimped.

Over the years they have gone slack (dont we all) and now when I put full bottles in they chatter and annoy me. Ive tried epoxying up the fitment with limited success.

Given the bike gets used for all sorts, commuting, exersize, fun runs upto 100miles and hauling a trailer I am not after super expensive or too bothered about weight. I am however bothered about function, rattleless and VFM (that means I don't mind paying more for a better product).

The bottles I tend to use are SIS 750ml bottles.

Has anyone any experience with Tortec holders?

https://www.cyclestore.co.uk/tortec_aluminium_bottle_cage-ID_5310

The cage appears to be all one limiting the potential for rattles.

midlife

Guru
I use some plastic jobbies, Elite I think they are but not 100%. Much better than the Alloy Cobra / TA one from my youth.

Shaun

Welsh wheels

Lycra king
I have a couple of metal bottle cages. You can shape them very easily, just by bending the metal, to suit whatever bottle you want to put in there. It then holds them securely, although it's sometimes tricky to get bottles out on the move.

U

User169

Iris from King Cage. Hold bottles super tight and don't rattle. I've ridden these over pretty severe Belgian cobbles and the bottles didn't move.

If you're feeling flush, Nitto bottle cages are said to be very effective and to last for ever.

Last edited by a moderator:

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
I have a couple of Oxford bottle holders that on closer inspection appear to be made from three parts. The frame that holds the cage to the bike, the top back bit of the cage, in essence a narrow U shape and the part that suports the bottle. The U shape and the bottle support just appear to be pushed into the mount and possibly crimped.

Over the years they have gone slack (dont we all) and now when I put full bottles in they chatter and annoy me. Ive tried epoxying up the fitment with limited success.

Given the bike gets used for all sorts, commuting, exersize, fun runs upto 100miles and hauling a trailer I am not after super expensive or too bothered about weight. I am however bothered about function, rattleless and VFM (that means I don't mind paying more for a better product).

The bottles I tend to use are SIS 750ml bottles.

Has anyone any experience with Tortec holders?

https://www.cyclestore.co.uk/tortec_aluminium_bottle_cage-ID_5310

The cage appears to be all one limiting the potential for rattles.
They are all in one but the piece that holds the bottle in is welded cheaply together , i have had a couple come apart over time.

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
All the ones in my shed have welded plates for attaching to the bike.

Fwe (Evans shop brand) are one piece otherwise, with the joint of the ends of the loop halfway down the left side of the back plate weld where it shouldn't break easily.

My M Wave cage is a butterfly design with the ends again next to the back plate welds.

The Clark's cage, one metal piece slots into a plastic back plate. The Topeak is similar.

I can't think why you'd put a secondary weld not halfway up the back plate weld. Would it be cheaper to weld two pieces of metal instead of three?

Top Bottom