Metro Rant against cyclists

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

marinyork

Resting in suspended Animation
This is the kind of crap that deliberately tries to stoke up anti-cyclist feeling for the sake of a moan.

skwerl

it's not a rant. It's Metro asking a question and the responses are fairly 50:50.

I like A Massie's response

marinyork

Resting in suspended Animation
It's as good as. It'll get a predictable response and for some motorists is just a chance to vent a bit and for some cyclists to feel guilty about it. A better question would be should we worry about it so much relative to say larger vehicles RLJing?

yello

skwerl said:
it's not a rant. It's Metro asking a question and the responses are fairly 50:50.

Thanks. That's what I thought too. At first, I thought I might have missed a link or something that was the "rant" bit.

11hvz21.jpg

Some of the quotes on there are funny though.

I always use caution when cycle ling witch is why I have only had 4 accidents.(mostly cars)
;)

Bokonon

Über Member
yello said:
Is there an article attached or just the question and an invitation to respond?

That's what I was thinking. I didn't see a rant, just a question to which the answer is 'no.'

downfader

extimus uero philosophus
..well I've left a comment. I hate it when this stupid idea pops its head up, its the same as when certain motorists go on about "I should be able to drive at whatever speed I like because its after rush hour/midnight/the motorway"

downfader

extimus uero philosophus
hackbike 666 said:
Eh? They do drive at whatever speed they want.That's why tonight commute was a nightmare,worst of the seven days.

Have you never had that conversation with other motorists (friendly ones, like the guys at work, etc)? Sadly Clarkson, as much as I like the guy, did kind of start this ball rolling.

I know a few people who do speed and they do kind of see it as their "right":wacko:

downfader

extimus uero philosophus
BentMikey said:
Bit like their "right" to park in front of dropped kerbs?

Or on any pavement for that matter. I heard an elderly bloke at work say he'd like to run the zipper of his coat down the side of their car and give it a good scratch, lol. ;)

Top Bottom