Middle Chainring problem

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Inertia

I feel like I could... TAKE ON THE WORLD!!
Hi guys, the middle chainring was wearing out so I decided to order a replacement, its come today but it doesnt fit! I assumed they were standard design but it doesn't seem to be the case. On my current setup the outer and middle chainrings screw together with a bolt which runs through the crank arms. On my old middle chainring, the bolt screws into the chainring itself, but the new chainring has a wider hole and no thread in it.

This is the one I bought http://www.wiggle.co.uk/ta-104-pcd-4-arm-mtb-compact-middle-chainring/

no hopefully they will let me replace it but can anyone help me figure out which one I need as they all seem to be the same design as this, does anyone recognize what I'm describing? Thanks for any help.

I don't know what they are called exactly but my chain ring bolts come in two sections which go a smooth hole and lock together to clamp the chain rings , that might be the type needed for that chain ring?

Something like this.

OP
OP
Inertia

Inertia

I feel like I could... TAKE ON THE WORLD!!
ah, that makes sense! So you pass the the threaded part through the back and screw the bolt into it. I guess the chainring on mine was non standard 'all in one' affair? Thanks a lot for the info at least that means I don't have to send this one back. :smile:

Top Bottom