Miles on xxxWH battery

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

jowwy

Can't spell, Can't Punctuate....Sue Me
Has anyone rode their ebike from full charge to flat to see what miles they get??....ive done a 57 mile trip with 2 bars left, it was an extended commute, so 15 into work ( mostly downhill, so battery hardly used ) and then a re-routed 42 mile return leg

just for clarity my E bike has been changed some what - its a hardtail with carbon forks and 2" slick tyres and the ride was on all tarmac surfaces

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
How much climbing? How much assistance? You could go thousands of miles on one charge if you pedalled hard!

Not on a single ride
But I have done it on 3 separate rides
All were on fairly flat route - lots of canal tow paths but this also means a lot of slowing down and accelerating again due to walkers, dogs, ducks, geese and other stuff
In summer I could get 2 20 miles rides with no problem - so 40 miles - and with 2-3 bars left out of 5
But I know that the first bar takes AGES to go and then the others take less time/distance
So I tried a 3rd ride on a shorter route just to see
ride was about 15 miles and the battery cut out a few miles from home - call it50 and a bit
all this in Eco mode on a Bosch PowerPack 300 - so 300Wh

I have however noticed that 2 20 miles rides in cold winter weather drop the 'power left' indicator further - I would not expect to get anywhere as far on the 3rd ride in winter

OP
OP
J

jowwy

How much climbing? How much assistance? You could go thousands of miles on one charge if you pedalled hard!
sorry colin i didnt see the rest of your post...........

circa 2000ft....all types of assistance during the route as it has an MTB mode, which gives different types of assistance based on gradient, pedalling et etc ...and yeh i could do more miles if i pedalled more.

but its more about generally how much people can get rather than, if pedalled more i would get more...if that makes sense

Alex321

Veteran
There was a video posted by GCN yesterday, where Hank's dad did Sa Calobra in Majorca on an e-bike. Reaching the top with 1 bar left.

That is 9.5Km, at an average of 7% gradient. Obviously on that, he is going to be having maximum assist for the whole distance.

CXRAndy

Guru
There are too many variables to give accurate assessment. If your bike has a speed cut off and the terrain you ride on allows you to travel above said speed, then as others mentioned, literally hundreds of miles. If you bike has assistance all the time then, depends on level of assist, actual speed travelling (faster speed more Watts per mile to achieve speed, increased drag).

I've gone much further by slowing down speed- less wind drag and Watts to do it. 50 miles is pretty good, with big tyres hybrid sit up position.

If you want much further and the comfort of knowing you will have some assistance, then get a 2nd battery and swap.

OP
OP
J

jowwy

There are too many variables to give accurate assessment. If your bike has a speed cut off and the terrain you ride on allows you to travel above said speed, then as others mentioned, literally hundreds of miles. If you bike has assistance all the time then, depends on level of assist, actual speed travelling (faster speed more Watts per mile to achieve speed, increased drag).

I've gone much further by slowing down speed- less wind drag and Watts to do it. 50 miles is pretty good, with big tyres hybrid sit up position.

If you want much further and the comfort of knowing you will have some assistance, then get a 2nd battery and swap.
i got two batteries, thats not an issue....also got a rack and panniers on this bike, so an extra battery can sit in there not a problem.

i was just wondering what other people got out of theres, i know theres all sorts of variables for it to be accurate, but im not looking for that. im more asking whats the most you got out of your battery......

forget my miles, bike, set-up etc etc

what have you got from your bike, battery, set-up etc etc

Drago

Legendary Member
How long is a piece of string. You may as well ask how long you had diarrhoea after eating a Bjg Mac for all the indication itll give.

OP
OP
J

jowwy

How long is a piece of string. You may as well ask how long you had diarrhoea after eating a Bjg Mac for all the indication itll give.
just asking how many miles you got out of your battery, is that question not allowed??

OP
OP
J

jowwy

As all ready said "too many variables" weather plays a big part in the life of a battery as well, more so this time of the year.
so you dont know how many miles you got out of your battery?? cause thats what im asking

I think an indication of a possible mileage level on flat roads with no wind - and riding at below the cutoff speed on a warm day - is a useful piece of information

It is a sort of maximum

so if you take my extremly precise "50 miles plus a bit" then you know that if you want to do 60 miles on my bike then you better be ready to pedal the last on your own
or look for opportunites to go to 'OFF' mode during the ride

using a different bike and drive system - or on different roads means you have to subtract some miles
the number of miles depends on some very precise factors - none of which we know here - and most of which you have no chance of knowing when you are on the bike

but it will be less - but at least you have a start point

how much use it is is another point

best advise - try it and see - which ain;t much help if you are trying to decide which bike and battery to buy

OP
OP
J

jowwy

best advise - try it and see - which ain;t much help if you are trying to decide which bike and battery to buy
i have , see original post....i got two ebikes - 500wh and 400wh both bosch cube acid models

numbnuts

Legendary Member
so you dont know how many miles you got out of your battery?? cause thats what im asking
OK with a 17 ah battery I get around 56 miles, but I'm riding a heavy trike in a hilly area and it has a throttle :ohmy: and some times I'm jusy plain lazy, other times I feel like superman, but the latter is short lived :sad: Oh and I weigh in at 82kg and I carry a shed load of tools too..............

Top Bottom