Mini pump

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

vickster

Legendary Member
Anyone got one of these ? Cycling Plus has a bunch of reviews this month but all of their recommendations are £25+ and I don't plan to use the baby pump often, just reckon I should have one!

Specialized Airtool Road Frame Pump '11 - £12 from EBC at the mo

musa

Über Member
i have the topeak racerocket..looks nifty its 25 in evans but u can get it for 15£ via price match

OP
OP
vickster

vickster

Legendary Member
Thanks. I was kind of hoping to get one from EBC to save on postage costs! Who sells for £15, Evans not really convenient. Also, it may look nifty but does it work well?

musa

Über Member
yeah seems effortless to pump tyre quickly....and small to fit in my saddlebag

i got mine for 14.95 but cant seem to find it no more i got this pump via reccomndations on here

peelywally

yet to own a mini pump that didnt hurt to reach 100psi ,

that said i usually limp home at 85psi and once did 60 miles at 85psi after 3 punctures ,

i wish someone would sort out a collapsible light track pump or foot pump or how about garages putting a track pump on the forecourt , they could chain it to the wall like a pen in the post office ,

mini pump gets you to garage were you can get to 140psi simples
thumbsup.png

PaulSecteur

No longer a Specialized fanboy
I have the airtool.

I have yet to use it in anger, but when I tried it ut I did get a 2mm tyre up to 80-ish without too much bother. I had to use my trackpump to find ut what I had got it up to and finished it off with the track pump. Certinly I would say it would be good enough to get you home.

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
I have the Topeak Pocket Rocket as reviewed in this months C+. Excellent little pump (100psi no probs) and only £12.99 when I bought it from CRC last year.

Anyone else find it a faff to get it on the tyre with any pressure already in it? i struggle to get mine on and was in half a mind to flog it .

Enw.nigel

I have one in black and it fits neatly alongside the bottle cage. It actually is smaller than I thought (28.5cm long). I have not used it on the road yet but pumped up a tyre quickly at home. I did not want to carry a pump around in my jersey pocket.
Hope this helps.

Daveb99

I have the Airtool. Not had to use it yet (have a track pump too) but it's very well made and fits very well also.

John the Monkey

Frivolous Cyclist
I have the airtool road (2009) - I've only ever used it on my 25c tyres, which I run at 95psi - seemed able to acheive that though.

Nice way to test a pump (if you have a track pump as well) is to fill the tyre to 5 or 10 psi below the desired pressure, and then see whether the portable pump can get any more air into the tyre.

I've used, and would recommend, the Specialized Airtool Road, the Topeak Road Master Blaster (which isn't mini in any sense of the word) and the Topeak Road Morph G.

Top Bottom