Miranda Hart Comedienne

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

brokenflipflop

Veteran
I've seen Miranda Hart on TV and now she does some morning slots on radio 2.

Is it me or is she the unfunniest and most boring comedian since... er... Paul O'Grady.

Shockingly poor entertainment.

Humph

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
must admit her radio 2 shows were worse than sarah kenedy's , so i agree

bizarre how she ever got a show...what strength of barbiturate was the talent spotter on when he thought he saw any funniness in this woman?

colly

Re member eR
I saw one episode of a tv show she had, called Miranda I think. Not exactly funny but it hit the depths when she threatened to ...............''come back on sh*t on the table''

Classy I thought. xx(

The Beeb seem to be pushing her way beyond what her talent would appear to warrant.

They mustbe desperate.

therein lies the issue. the bbc and other british channels no longer seem to be able to find people with any genuinely funny talent anymore hence the multitude of awful sitcoms or solo-comedic series such as miranda.

you only have to look at Modern Family to see the class of a good comedy.

OP
OP
B

brokenflipflop

Veteran
The Beeb seem to be pushing her way beyond what her talent would appear to warrant.

They mustbe desperate.

I think she benefits from being a woman (no offence to women but it's not as competitive as the male comedy scene)

She's certainly done well considering her lack of talent for sure. She's absolute pants.

potsy

Rambler
[QUOTE 1579846"]
I like Miranda.
[/quote]

+2

And she's a cyclist :thumbsup:

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
I find a lot of her stuff funny but not all. One scene in Miranda actually replicated something that had happened to a friend of mine (the parachute jump - how do you know you aren't pregnant bit), I must get around to asking her if she has seen that scene sometime!!!

John the Monkey

Frivolous Cyclist
Comedy is weird.

I'd rather go for a run than watch John Bishop or Peter Kay (and I loathe running) yet their dvds and books top the charts. I'd say they're unfunny, but countless Britons disagree, evidently.

I like Miranda, personally, although I've not heard this stint on Radio Two, I enjoyed the shows she co-hosted with John Holmes.

Top Bottom