Mobile contract - 99p a month

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

swee'pea99

Legendary Member
Honest injun, I'm nothing to do with the company or anything, but I just signed the missus up to a £20/month contract with Orange, at a princely 99p/month. 

Strings attached? Oh yes! Here's how it works...

You have to sign up for the £20/month contract, be credit-approved, and pay £20/month by direct debit. It's 24 months, and there's no getting out. You also get FREE insurance for one month - which then turn into £7.99/month unless you cancel it. And you also get FREE membership of some numpty gadget helpline for a month (thereafter, £3.29/month, unless you cancel it). 

Then, to get your £20/month down to 99p a month, you have to send back your bill every six months, and they refund you £19.01 of your £20 by cheque. Effective cost to you - 99p a month.

Here's how it works for them...

A proportion of people will fail to cancel their insurance and/or their numpty gadget helpline subscription. 

Another proportion of people will fail to claim their cashback.

Another proportion of people will stay on the £20/month deal after the 24 months expires.

Put that all in the mixer and it makes it a good deal for them.

But if you do cancel the insurance and numpty gadget helpline, and you do remember to make your 4 x cashback claims (and let's face it, how difficult is that, really?) you genuinely do get a mobile contract with 200 mins/month + unltd texts, for 99p/month. (They even send you a free phone...but of course you just put the sim in your own phone and put that one on ebay.) 

How cool is that? 

Oh, it's a Carphone Warehouse website, by the way, so you're not dealing with cowboys or the Russian Mafia. Check it out, here.

PS Hope this is ok, Shaun - like I say, it's nowt to do with me...I just couldn't believe it was such a good deal, and thought it might benefit a few people. SO LONG AS YOU'RE TOGETHER! You have been warned...

Wigsie

Nincompoop
Swee'pea, I always thought you had lady bits? I do apologise!

I bet you £18.99 a month you forget to claim back your money. Well I would anyway! :blush: :blush:

OP
OP
swee'pea99

swee'pea99

Legendary Member
Can I take that bet? 

Oh, incidentally, that's a v common misconception. 'er indores 'erself was a bit thrown when I told her my CC 'handle'...."isn't that a bit....gay?" she say...

PS I have a *terrible* memory, so I rely totally on my mobile calender function. At 11am on the 20th December, it will go 'bleep', and when I look at it it will say Mobile cashback? And then I will do it. Tricky huh?

Wigsie

Nincompoop
Very Gay!

Good luck, I am just one of the ones that they would make their nmoney on.... trouble is I know I can barely remember to get dressed in the mornings, so I would avoid it!

I am contemplating the Tesco £20 a month unlimited everything deal.

sheva

I`ve had these cashback contracts twice and, as the OP says, if you cancel the insurance/helpline and remember to send your bills off it really is a good deal. I used to send the relevant bill to them by next day delivery as soon as i received it and, without fail, got my cashback cheque within the month. You just need to be a bit organised.
Edited to add; my last one actually came with a pre printed planner telling me when to send my bill.

Top Bottom