Mobile Phone Incident.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
My incident was on the Monday with the tithead of the black cab driver driving down from London Bridge towards the right turn which leads into Southwark Street.Im behind him and realise he isn't looking at the road but more like looking at his mobile phone.So I stick my finger on the horn button but only one of my two horns is working to to a broken wire.(To be modified in the future)

Car the other way blows his horn as well but whether it was directed at me who knows.I get past cabbie although im not sure why I did that but I must admit I was pretty effed off.He was so close to my back wheel although im not sure at this time whether he is still texting? or what.

I get into Southwark Street and switch to the left.He then overtakes me and gives me all the dirty looks.:whistle:

"So I shouted your the one using the ****king mobile phone not me"

Then I caught up with him at the Southwark Bridge Junction lights and I give him one of my dirtiest looks.:girl:

Incident 2 was today and as I was cycling up to Mile End I noticed the old flashing Blue lights which seem to be the norm but are causing a bottleneck outside the PC World traffic lights going towards London..

Get up and realise it's one of my work colleagues but I wasn't going to stop because I didn't want to disturb him with the cops.

Thought sod it so I pulled over I was also concerned.

Turns out he was close passed by a motorist who was on his mobile but this motorist hit the car in front so my mate went and called the cops who were nearby.Apparently while he was doing this the prat with the mobile phone was attacked for using his mobile phone apparently but it's a bit scetchy plus I dont know where I stand if I start making accusations on here although I don't blame whoever it was.

I don't think any further action was taken by the Police due to "lack of evidence".

What a not so good country this has turned into.

Im really sick and tired of mobile phone morons.

(sorry about lack of puntuation in places.)

PBancroft

Had someone yesterday - I was overtaking stationary traffic when a car suddenly lurched to the right, no indication or anything. I just thought it was a funnyguy trying to block my path.

Nope - he was turning right. But there was no right hand turn where he was, it was further up the road. He pulled out onto the opposing lane shot up the road facing oncoming traffic (admittedly slow moving) and turned right there, Still no indication, and all the while yacking on his phone.

tandemman

I had a guy overtook me Yesterday morning with about a foot to spare, nobody coming the other way and he was texting, I don't think he even saw me. This is in a 60 limit up a steep 2 mile hill so I was doing 10mph max and he was doing about 60, I had lights on and a reflective, what more can you do??

Crankarm

Guru
Given that it is pretty hot now and mobile toting drivers will have their windows down why not relieve them of their mobile as you pass by and deposit it at the local cop shop with an explanation :whistle:. I would have thought that would inconvenience and sh1t them up with the possibility that if they report the theft of it and then collect they risk prosecution :girl:.

Bigtwin

Forget it - I see dozens a day. The bottom line is that you can text and phone away to your heart's delights with impunity. I've even seen on more than once occasion police cars at a junction beside someone talking with a phone to their ear - clearly having seen them - and completely ignore it. There is no enforcement at all - which is what the Police said when the law came in - they essentially just pretend it's not on the statute book.

I saw a lovely slow speed shunt a couple of months back where a woman texted her way into the back of the car in front at about 10-15 mph. She even carried on and finished the message before she got out of the car!

Crankarm

Guru
Bigtwin said:
Forget it - I see dozens a day. The bottom line is that you can text and phone away to your heart's delights with impunity. I've even seen on more than once occasion police cars at a junction beside someone talking with a phone to their ear - clearly having seen them - and completely ignore it. There is no enforcement at all - which is what the Police said when the law came in - they essentially just pretend it's not on the statute book.

I saw a lovely slow speed shunt a couple of months back where a woman texted her way into the back of the car in front at about 10-15 mph. She even carried on and finished the message before she got out of the car!

Not me as I don't :whistle:.

Jake

how about the cylcist yesterday morning riding across a junction, no handed, whilst texting, on a red light! ha beat that for a super trump lol

Crankarm

Guru
Crankarm said:
Given that it is pretty hot now and mobile toting drivers will have their windows down why not relieve them of their mobile as you pass by and deposit it at the local cop shop with an explanation :biggrin:. I would have thought that would inconvenience and sh1t them up with the possibility that if they report the theft of it and then collect they risk prosecution :tongue:.

Or relieve them of it and chuck it off a Bridge into the Thames :whistle: or similar. Mind you by the end of the week there might be a new Thames barrier :girl:.

Crankarm

Guru
Jake said:
how about the cylcist yesterday morning riding across a junction, no handed, whilst texting, on a red light! ha beat that for a super trump lol

Was this you :whistle:?

Jake

nooo dont be silly, i saw that one the other day, before new camera was fitted.

In a 200 yard walk along an estate road the other evening, six cars passed me. Three of the drivers were on the phone.

As I left the industrial estate where I worked the other week, I was nearly wiped out by a bloke who had clearly just left his office, jumped in the car, driven off and started a phone call .. he was also putting his seat belt on at the same time.

Why not make the phone call before driving? Or, better yet, before leaving the office? :biggrin::biggrin:

J4CKO

I was in the car waiting to turn right yesterday and some little turd in a Mini turned right in front of me on his phone and then proceeds to go back the other was by turning behind me, I could of moved forward a foot or two to let him through but I just sat there, nobody else waiting so I just didnt bother scooting out into the traffic I just waited for a loooong gap, I could see him getting frustrated which amused me, I then jibbed out and left him a streaming queue either way.

OP
OP
H

hackbike 666

Looks like with no backup from plod we can't stop it.

Then again some of the driving in this weather is pretty atrocious as well.

Top Bottom