Mobile phone use while driving

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

benb

Evidence based cyclist
Is it just me, or is there much less of this going on?
It's been weeks since I saw someone driving whilst on the phone.

Message getting through, or just a statistical anomaly?

eddiemee

Statistical anomaly I would say. Still plenty of them round here, though some of them are VERY responsible by stopping right in the middle of roads or roundabouts to take the call.

But they put their hazard lights on so it's OK.

upsidedown

Waiting for the great leap forward
No change here. If anything I see the regulars doing it even more often. I commute mainly on rural lanes so there's very little chance of them being seen.

John the Monkey

Frivolous Cyclist
Harder to see them in the light, the screens don't light up their faces as they tweet/text &c.

"I AM IN A TRAFFIC JAMS, LOL"

Vikeonabike

CC Neighbourhood Police Constable
Nope it's on the increase...despite my best efforts....Need a faster bike and blue lights, can't quite get my issue mountain bike upto 30 mph to catch the buggers and stop them without the help of traffic lights! :biggrin:

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
On my London commute it seems to be growing. Mobile phone use and the not wearing of seatbelts. Both seem to be on the increase.

Is it just me, or is there much less of this going on?
It's been weeks since I saw someone driving whilst on the phone.

Message getting through, or just a statistical anomaly?

No, it's still rife.

Saw someone texting the other day... with 2 hands.

Also another one (its not the first I have seen) in the last few weeks with a filofax kind of thing, writing in it on the motorway.

OP
OP
benb

benb

Evidence based cyclist
No, it's still rife.

Saw someone texting the other day... with 2 hands.

Also another one (its not the first I have seen) in the last few weeks with a filofax kind of thing, writing in it on the motorway.

Who the hell still uses a filofax?

Norm

I had one last week who passed me just before some lights, then cut into my lane.

I pulled up beside him and saw he was on the phone so tapped gently (ahem) on his door whilst staring at him (Joystick on full power) and asked whether he was naturally an arse or whether he'd been taking lessons. Then I pulled in front of him and, when the lights changed, went very slowly round the roundabout in primary. Funnily, the cars in the lanes either side were also going slowly alongside him, so he had nowhere to go.

Off the roundabout, muppet overtakes me then, about 100m later, puts his right indicator on and pulls into his house. I stopped at the end of his drive, with the Joystick still on full, and watched him get out of his car, kinda like the trucker in Duel but older and fatter and on a Tricross rather than an 18 wheeler. :biggrin:

Top Bottom