Mojo? Meh ...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Arch

Married to Night Train
Bit of a pathetic week this week.

Monday: A couple of minutes into my commute, looked down, realised I'd forgotten the computer. Ho hum. Still, I know my regular route well enough to be sure I'd done 10 miles by the time I got home again in the evening. We were a man short at work, Steve's missus, worryingly, in hospital, at 7 and a half months pregnant.

Tuesday: For operational reasons, I needed to collect some bags up in town, ready for Tom and Steve to collect. But Steve was still tied up with hospital things, so instead I waited for Tom and the vehicle in town. So no riding. Steve rang Tom later and wasn't all that coherent, and we feared something really bad, which put a real downer on the morning. Fortunately, it transpired that Vic is confined to hospital with Pre-eclampsia - it's a serious risk, but so much better than what we were imagining. Anyway, after work we a couple of us went to the pub, so after 3 half pints, I staggered home, probably a good thing I didn't have the bike. So no miles.

Wednesday: I did my 10, but it took determination on the way home. And then as I turned into the road, I realised the front tyre was flat, so I had to fix that. Really, that's 3 in three weeks on various vehicles. Enough!

Thursday: Velo Vision day, and I felt a bit 'meh'. No extra miles on the way in, or home. Useless.

Friday: Ok day, did manage longer rides on both commutes.

Saturday: Mum came up for the day, so no riding. Lots of talking, and cooing over photos from my last visit to the nephews.

Today: Intended to go out for a ride. Woke up, couldn't be bothered. Tea and cereal in bed. Needed to run a few errands, but the bike just wasn't calling me, so I walked. Back home with shopping, had lunch, looked out of the window at the cloudless blue sky, and thought, I must go out. It took a lot of stern internal dialogue, but out I went. Just jeans and trainers, not committing myself to any more than the riverside and back.

Still, 10 miles is better than none.

And 20, which I ended up doing, is better still! So some honour was retrieved.

Total for the week, about 52. Could do better.

Top Bottom