More youtube ignorant comments

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Why shouldn't you be queue jumping?

You are not a car.

It's like me trying to convince you Hi-Viz is any good.You will argue with this guy till you are picking up your pension and you wont change his opinion so it's not worth it.You do what you think is right as long as you don't endanger yourself and other people.With these left hooks it seems like whatever your position you can't seem to stop them.Nor can I either.

OP
OP
B

BentMikey

Rider of Seolferwulf
Cheers mate. I'm not necessarily arguing to convince him, but to show others that his viewpoint is mistaken.

But I can reduce the numbers of left hooks I get by deterring many of them through road positioning. I used to get many more when I rode too far to the left.

BentMikey said:
Cheers mate. I'm not necessarily arguing to convince him, but to show others that his viewpoint is mistaken.

But I can reduce the numbers of left hooks I get by deterring many of them through road positioning. I used to get many more when I rode too far to the left.

Touche!;)

Ordered a helmet cam now so I can assess my rides just like Alan Hansen assesses football matches.

gbb

Legendary Member
I wont get into whether you (or i) are obeying the highway code by overtaking on the right...cos i dont know :thumbsup:.....but it's something i often do.
What i dont understand is why some (usually stationary) drivers get agitated when you do. They dont when a motorbike does it...so why the difference when it's a cyce.
The left hooker is a plank, pure and simple.
Road positioning ?....yes, a more primary position 'could' have prevented it...but i dont like assuming primary EVERY time a hazardous area comes into play...you'd spend half the day in primary and p1ss off every other road user.

OP
OP
B

BentMikey

Rider of Seolferwulf
I'm pretty certain that filtering is legal, there's a direct reference to it in the highway code, and there are plenty of motorcycling pages out there with it.

yenrod

BentMikey said:
On a left hook video from a long time ago:

View: http://youtube.com/watch?v=sNihkLI6qlc

Amazing how car drivers just simply dont realise that having bought the car theyre in they dont really want to be in it !

In other words they simply hate being overtook: bettered by a cyclist..

OP
OP
B

BentMikey

Rider of Seolferwulf
Ooh, he's back. I love the way each point he's made has been refuted, with no response from him and a change in tack. He's now moved onto me not using the cycle lane.

gambatte

Middle of the pack...
BentMikey said:
Ooh, he's back. I love the way each point he's made has been refuted, with no response from him and a change in tack. He's now moved onto me not using the cycle lane.

Take it you've asked him what edition of the highway code he's referring to and to look at last years revision?

I reckon I'll be back on there after work...

OP
OP
B

BentMikey

Rider of Seolferwulf
Oh yes, can't be having anyone getting away with such ignorant comments!

Oi, that avatar of yours is naughty! Together with your .sig, someone might think you have the hots for me.

Top Bottom