Morning like this

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I had a great commute this morning, it was only 5 miles but the weather was good, little or no wind and I felt good. Its mornings like this that remember me why cycling is so good. I think it was my fastest commute of the year 15.2 mph on the heavy hybrid.

Maz

Guru
Great morning, HLaB. I easily knock +5mins off my 6.5mile commute on the roadie. Bit nippy this morning though - think I should've put a second layer on!

John the Monkey

Frivolous Cyclist
Very nice conditions, nearly flattened (on a straight bit of road, with ample room for a safe overtake which he chose not to take advantage of) by the c**t drving the Hulme Hall bus down Wilmslow Road though, which put me in a bit of a bad mood.

jassy-x

......yes it was a great morning, although I took a little longer coming in today as I had decided it was time to break out the winter hack for the first time which meant I could take in the canal tow-path on my wider tyres....5 miles of car-free cycling...total bliss..;)

domtyler

Über Member
Yes conditions were near perfect this morning, great cycling weather. I quite like it a little nippy, when you stop at lights there are vast clouds of steam rising up into the air, I'm pretty sure the girls are well impressed! ;)

Jake

yes it was lovely!!! A joy to ride along the canal, the ducks and geese sliding effortlessly along the flat mirrored water. Canary wharf looking like a roman candle with smoke filtering out the top of it. Nice dog walkers and other cyclists. Was wrapped up extra warm now though, shorts put away and trousers out. Makes it worth while on days like this.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Had dentist appointment this am, so my commute to Greenwich was hour and half later then usual...What a difference that makes.. Lovely weather, hardly any traffic... brilliant..

palinurus

Velo, boulot, dodo
Mine was nice this morning, looks like the weather will be good for the long way home later too.

Should have my cross bike finished by next week- looking forward to see how much of my commute I can manage off-road while it's still light in the mornings.

BentMikey

Rider of Seolferwulf
Lovely weather, great commute, and I had a nice time with some friends skating for fun in the park after my lessons. Brill!

Two 'kin punctures though. Bloody cycle lanes, I hate 'em with a passion.

gavintc

Guru
Train strikes this week will increase my commute somewhat. Tomorrow, I cycle the full 50 miles home. To make things worse, the weather looks dreadful.

Top Bottom