Most scarey thing you've ever done?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Mine was walking on stage at the Tour de France in front of a huge crowd and live media from around the world knowing that I had to be a tv presenter for 18 minutes having never done it before in my life!

Mind you, the exhilaration afterwards was awesome!:smile:

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
Parachuting... on my third jump, the lines got tangled, and I had to twist myself around to untangle them.... it was also my last jump! :smile:

Several, but skiing off a cliff after off-piste deep powder skiing, and falling 40 metres (landed in a deep snowdrift) was the brownest moment I've ever had - although strangely enough, I was laughing like an idiot at the same time! xx(

papercorn2000

Again in the mountains. Went off route in worsening weather. Ended up on a stretch of ice that was beyond my abilities but I managed to scrabble my way up. Consequences of falling were fatal!

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
that reminds me... my family didn't do hillwalking and that kind of thing when I was a kid... i got into it as an adult... anyroad, first ever trip up helvellyn... with similarly inexperienced friends... got lost in fog... we were shown the way down by a friendly bunch of cub scouts and their leader fella xx(

U

User482

I went coasteering last August. Now, I know that you're almost certainly going to be ok, but as I was flying through mid air having jumped off a cliff, I was questionning the wisdom of my decision. I laughed like a drain afterwards though.

Mr Pig

Getting married! Give me a firefight any day...

ChrisKH

Guru
Stripped a wire with my teeth, only to find it was live..........adrenalin rush on (split second late) discovery was enormous as was the desire to hurl myself headfirst at a wall for the utter, utter stupidity of it. What a knob. :blush:

Tackled a few 20 stone props in my time as well. Now there's taking your life in your hands. Get it wrong and the very least you're going to get is a broken nose (which I did once).

Had a few fights on the pitch, but it's mostly handbags stuff.

Firefight I suspect must be the ultimate. :ohmy: Sod that for a game of soldiers.

papercorn2000

Or getting caught in the middle of one with no means to defend yourself.

Or getting caught up in a big natural disaster. I'd been to one or two places caught up in the Tsunami of 2004. Gave me nightmares for weeks. How would I have looked after my (then) 1 year old kid? How would I look after my (virtually non-swimmer) wife?
*shudders*

asterix

Comrade Member
Stripped, felted, re-battened and re-covered an 80m2, 42 degree roof slope solo this year, no scaffolding and I don't like looking down:ohmy: But waaahheeyyy.. I did it..

Flying_Monkey

Recyclist
Several things: I've been in a complete white-out on a mountain; lost in the wilderness; been D-locked by my neck to a harbour gate with a massive cargo ship approaching; suicidal; beaten up with fists and truncheons by the TSG (and security guards); and attacked with a broken bottle. All of those were pretty scary.

I've never been in a firefight, which I can imagine would be pretty bad, although my Dad seems pretty blase about it, or kidnapped and tortured, which would be what I fear most. However, I don't think anything could possibly compare to the story of the woman from the Congo I read in the paper this morning [this following text is in white - if you really want to read it, select it, otherwise don't] who was forced by rebel forces to have sex with her own son, before she was raped in front of her husband, who was then killed, and had her three daughters taken never to be seen again. I just cannot imagine it.

TVC

Got hit by a car.

The most scary thing I've chosen to do was traverse Crib Goch in the rain.

Top Bottom