Mother....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Mother, God bless her, has recieved a cheque made payable to her and crossed A.C. PAYEE.

The cheque is with an accompanying letter stating that it is in setlement of her sisters estate.

Mother is blind, has no intention of depositing the cheque in a bank for various reasons, and is very, very old.

She has given the cheque to me and told me to do with it as I will.

My question to you good :biggrin: people, is how can I cash this cheque?

I know my bank will only accept deposits made payable to me for security reasons..........

Hello everybody I haven't seen for a long time, including you KenDodd :smile::tongue:

Please help won't you ;)

zimzum42

Legendary Member
Ask a Nigerian.....

yenrod

Heh Gun'lad - are you thru' with all those north:yorks babes with that elbow technique yet :biggrin:

:Hows the good lady BTW !

OP
OP
G

Gunner Rodgers

Yankers, as you well know......so many birds:tongue:, so little time :biggrin::evil:

Are me and you still on for that pint some time, and I'll show you how it's done :smile::becool:

My Mother will not pay the cheque into a bank account.

Arch

Married to Night Train
Evening gunner!

I don't know from personal experience or anything, but I'm thinking:

Could you get in touch with the solicitors who issued the cheque and get it reissued to you? (I guess you'd need some evidence of your Mum's wishes)

Can you explain to your bank and get round the security issue? (ditto about needing evidence I guess...)

Is it appropriate to look at power of attourney or something? I guess a legal bod will know the implications better. I guess it all hinges on your Mum's legal capacity, aand is maybe a step to far - it sounds like she's sound of mind, just doesn't need the money.

Otherwise, I guess it will have to go into an account with her name, and then be passed to you.. [edit, just seen your post above, so that's a no go..]

Good luck with it all!

rich p

ridiculous old lush
Gunner Rodgers said:
Yankers, as you well know......so many birds:tongue:, so little time :biggrin::evil:

Are me and you still on for that pint some time, and I'll show you how it's done :smile::becool:

My Mother will not pay the cheque into a bank account.

No, you pay it in for her

ComedyPilot

Secret Lemonade Drinker
Pay the cheque into your mother's account for her, then she can transfer it to you. I believe banks have measures to help blind people do their banking business.

rich p

ridiculous old lush
ComedyPilot said:
Pay the cheque into your mother's account for her, then she can transfer it to you. I believe banks have measures to help blind people do their banking business.

Isn't that what I said?:biggrin:

Globalti

Legendary Member
You're going to have a lot of trouble because what you want to do is exactly what a crossed cheque is designed to prevent!

Willow

As others have said she will either need to give written instruction to the solicitor to re-issue or it will need to go into her account and bank/b/s or she will need to write you a cheque. Given some of the difficulties she may experience generally regarding financial stuff for the future you may like to think about a power of attorney where she allows someone generally to act on her behalf.

OP
OP
G

Gunner Rodgers

Mother will not pay the cheque into a bank account, full stop.
I will not go into the reasons, there is no need.

A colleague has said that I should take it to a establishment that cashes 3rd party cheques, for a small commission.

Other than say this, he knows nothing else about the matter and what that would achieve.

Is he on to something?

OR NOT!!!!!!!

I thank you, I thank you all :evil::wacko:

Top Bottom