Motivate me

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Plax

Guru
Well, I haven't been cycling for over a week (nearly a week and a half!). I have been very bad this year. In January I only managed a little more than 50 miles and in February not much over 100 miles. This month I've managed 5. Should be 13 by the time I get home as I actually bothered to get my bike out this morning. Bit of a close call though. Looked out the window and it just looked wet. Got changed etc, looked out the window again and it was peeing it down. I very nearly went and got changed again but thought otherwise. I mean last year I wouldn't have flinched. I'm turning into a fair weather cyclist. I haven't been the same after I slipped ice, it seems to have curbed my enthusiasm somewhat.

BigonaBianchi

Yes I can, Yes I am, Yes I did...Repeat.
stand in front of the mirror, turn sideways, open your eyes.

I think I have a bit as well.Found the last four months hard going.Hopefully im coming out of that.Also work doesn't help.Sixth commute today.

HelenD123

Guru
Good on you for not backing out today. I can sympathise about the ice, but the memory will fade, the good weather will arrive and you'll remember why you loved cycling so much.

OP
OP
Plax

Plax

Guru
I've just discovered how to quote more than one person - ain't I clever ;).

HelenD123 said:
Good on you for not backing out today. I can sympathise about the ice, but the memory will fade, the good weather will arrive and you'll remember why you loved cycling so much.

Hopefully. I really enjoy it when I'm out but it's the getting out bit that I'm getting somewhat lax on!

hackbike 666 said:
I think I have a bit as well.Found the last four months hard going.Hopefully im coming out of that.Also work doesn't help.Sixth commute today.

I know, ruddy work! At least we can combine a hobby with work somewhat. It's just a shame that it rains and blows a gale before and after work, but is lovely in between!

BigonaBianchi said:
stand in front of the mirror, turn sideways, open your eyes.

Do I have to open my eyes?

threebikesmcginty

Corn Fed Hick...
Me too - I fell off in December (twice) and it made me think hard before going out on the bike but I'm back up to speed now.

Looked okay-ish this morning when I set off but then tipped down for a couple of minutes a few minutes later but soon dried up so no prob.

Being back out on the bike is great, can't beat it!!

Go on........

thomas

the tank engine
I heard somewhere, that humans (physiologically) start to forget how bad an event was (so before long the ice won't of seemed as bad as it actually was.

I don't think it's really that icy any more, so just go out!! You can have a big bacon sarny when you do it ;)

snakehips

Think of every potential ride as an opportunity to celebrate Wales' recent World Cup Rugby (sevens) win .........
http://www.therugbyblog.co.uk/wales-win-rugby-world-cup-sevens

That should motivate you!

snakehips.jpg

Snakehips Bikes

ChrisKH

Guru
I wouldn't blame yourself particularly. This has been the hardest winter for me and I haven't cycled as much as I have in the last six years. I'm looking forward to some warmer weather as well.

Has been for me and went down with a stinking cold or whatever it was in December.I had been bugged with a totally blocked nose for months,then I had a second cold in February which seems to have cleared me out and I can breath through my nose again.It got so bad it affected my sleep at one time.

iwf

It's now 3 weeks since my accident and with any luck the surgeon will let me back on a bike by the end of the month. Even if it's only riding in my back bedroom, I can't wait.

The first ride on a real road will be another matter though

MrRidley

Just wait to get your first sunny day, you will be out like a shot, the weather gets us all down, had a lovely day here today, i was shattered after work but because it was so nice i managed to get some good miles in :sad:

boydj

Legendary Member
One thing I found from my marathon-running days is that it very seldom feels as bad when you are out there as it looks from the warmth of the office/living room (heavy, cold rain + strong headwind excepted).

Top Bottom