Mouldy white Charge Spoon.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

guitarpete247

Just about surviving
Our garage is a bit damp so when I went to get bike out I found my White Charge Spoon was speckled with lots of black mouldy speckles. I tried scrubbing with old toothbrush and Ariel wash liquid. This lightened to spots but now has a grey overall speckling. I know it is only cosmetic but is there a product that will return saddle to a more white finish. I have thought about white shoe polish or trainer whitening do anyone think either would work?

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
If you try white polish, don't wear your favourite expensive shorts on your first ride!

The only solution is to coat it with something. White leather is dyed using an opaque acrylic dye. Mould is almost impossible to "get off" soft items because it is not on the item but in the item. Its mycelium grow inwards. Bleach does lighten the colour of mold residue but whether that is compatible with your saddle is a matter for testing in an inconspicuous place.

OP
OP
guitarpete247

guitarpete247

Just about surviving
I like the gouging it out and filling with polyfiller.

I already have the Grey Camo look.

Is the covering on a Charge spoon vinyl? If it is I might just keep scrubbing with some bleach or Milton then spray with walking shoe protector.

Top Bottom