MTB Tyres for a Hybrid

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Furkz

Über Member
being a newbie i have tried a bit of off-road and my slicks cope pretty well but was looking to stick these on to improve stability....

tyres

1. will these fit? my current size is 26 x 2.00 but i was thinking of clearing the frame
2. are these any good

pic of bike for reference

5719450545_0f6ea32ed9_b.jpg

TIA

OP
OP
Furkz

Furkz

Über Member
Have I asked a really stupid question or something

Cubist

Still wavin'
No I don't think the question was stupid!

They might fit, is the best answer I can give you.

You might be better getting the 2.1 versions, they tend to be cheaper anyway. Put it this way, you could always get the ebay deal you're looking at and if they don't fit put them straight back on for auction. At that price I doubt you'll lose much.

RecordAceFromNew

Swinging Member
Have I asked a really stupid question or something

The problem is that in fact tyre height/width is not an exact science, not only are they different for different make and model (despite having the same spec norminally), they can even change quite a bit with pressure - I had a Giant xtc which could take a Conti 2.3 at the back only if the tyre pressure was low.

The best I can suggest is this (some dimensions at the bottom of the page, albeit it is not the exact same model) and this for cross reference.

With 2.0 at the moment, I would have thought you shouldn't have any problem if you have 0.5" of clearance all round at present, or are you much much closer than that?

Zoiders

It's a bad boy CAAD frame which is the same as the lower end MTB frames.

Clearance will be fine up to about 2.25-ish tyre, possibly even larger as dales can be quite gappy but remember you still need to keep the clearance for mud or dirt.

Why you would want larger than that is beyond me.

OP
OP
Furkz

Furkz

Über Member
i think ill go for them, thanks guys for all the help. i really just wanted some confirmation as im new to all this.

Top Bottom