Mud Guards, Headrests & Flags.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Should you trust a cheap looking trike ..............2 examples:angel:
Craig List Bargain in Southport this one for £999 and no offers (It is legit because its offered by Mr Stearman65 )
Hase KW Electric Klimax with fairing and bag kit shown alongside for £1000 is crooked ( NOT OFFERED BY SM65)
....how do I know ...................I bought and sold it and the images have been lifted from the original owner :ohmy:

* Stearman65 advert reads :-
This is your chance to acquire an ICE Adventure recumbent folding trike at less than half the price of the basic model!!!
Enjoy the relaxed pace of recumbent cycling on a beautifully designed, luxurious, ICE Adventure. Cruise the open road, discover hidden trails and explore new horizons. Higher more upright riding position.
This is my ace :wacko:adventure trike. It's in good condition and I recently put on a new tyre (a Schwalbe marathon plus, matching the rest). It's also got a pretty new chain and rear derailleur as well as SRAM X5 27 gears, triple front chain ring, X rims by Alex and Tektro brake levers. There are some small amounts of wear & tear, but nothing too serious and everything is shown in the photographs.
Quick and easy ICE Easy Stowage or transport with the Compact Flat Twist fold.
New Price ICE "Adventure 20" basic From £2,176.27.
Additiona Items Supply only. To Be Fitted By Buyer.^_^
Padded Headrest. Front & Rear Mudguards

Any trial arranged, Buyer must collect, no courier collections.
Just had a full service by local bicycle mechanic, bill available.

classic33

Leg End Member
Craig List Bargain in Southport this one for £999 and no offers (It is legit because its offered by Mr Stearman65 )
Hase KW Electric Klimax with fairing and bag kit shown alongside for £1000 is crooked ( NOT OFFERED BY SM65)
....how do I know ...................I bought and sold it and the images have been lifted from the original owner :ohmy:

This is your chance to acquire an ICE Adventure recumbent folding trike at less than half the price of the basic model!!!
Enjoy the relaxed pace of recumbent cycling on a beautifully designed, luxurious, ICE Adventure. Cruise the open road, discover hidden trails and explore new horizons. Higher more upright riding position.
This is my ace :wacko:adventure trike. It's in good condition and I recently put on a new tyre (a Schwalbe marathon plus, matching the rest). It's also got a pretty new chain and rear derailleur as well as SRAM X5 27 gears, triple front chain ring, X rims by Alex and Tektro brake levers. There are some small amounts of wear & tear, but nothing too serious and everything is shown in the photographs.

Up for sale?

Gumtree as well.

Second image is misleading to say the least. Ohio dealers name used, along with their picture which shows a disc brake fitted trike.
2.jpg

Last edited:

raleighnut

Legendary Member

I'm not sure what planet our friend is from either (he's probably got us both on 'ignore' so I don't care what he thinks or if he 'reports' us for 'nasty' comments as the bloke has already called me a 'bully boy' which really got my goat)

No doubt he'll be on here bragging about how he has made a profit on the deal but some of us buy bikes/trikes to ride. :cycle:

The Ebay sale for this Adventure is going up and down quicker than the pound
Auctions with ID Protected bidding + private listing ...........Do you ever wonder why this is used .?
So with 4 hours to go to the final countdown .
Saturday AM Top bid £1390 By lunchtime today £661 as the higher bids show withdrawn or cancelled
The Dahon and the Mobile* garage are up for sale on Ebay.
So the Citroen owners forum must be scratching their heads as well as Cyclechat members
*Citroen Dispatch

Tilley

Über Member
I have a Trice QNT which I believe is an older version of the ICE adventure. I have used a telescopic fishing rod as a flag pole and by trimming off the foam grip handle it fitted perfectly inside the seat tube. I use a blue and white windsock which as it spirals as I ride is more noticeable to traffic. The only major drawback with the flag is that it spooks horses. I now know to stop when ever I see a horse and rider on the road and allow them to pass me. If you want more info on the type of rod or the windsock please let me know, hope this is helpful.

OP
OP
stearman65

stearman65

I have a Trice QNT which I believe is an older version of the ICE adventure. I have used a telescopic fishing rod as a flag pole and by trimming off the foam grip handle it fitted perfectly inside the seat tube. I use a blue and white windsock which as it spirals as I ride is more noticeable to traffic. The only major drawback with the flag is that it spooks horses. I now know to stop when ever I see a horse and rider on the road and allow them to pass me. If you want more info on the type of rod or the windsock please let me know, hope this is helpful.
Thanks for the information, however my Ice trike has now been sold along with my wife's Dahon Ciao C5 & our Citroen Dispatch WAV. After a fall which my wife had & a dodgy ECG for me, we've given up cycling. It was good while it lasted, but it's now off our bucket list. I still have the telescopic fishing rod I bought to make a flag pole along with a few other items acquired along the way, I will put them on here for sale when the dust settles.

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
Sorry to read that. Are your medics OK with that, rather than wanting you to keep exercising but take it easier? But all the best for the future either way.

IIRC the Trice T had a mesh seat and is the forerunner of the Adventure as opposed to the racier Q which had a carbon seat, although I think both versions ended up with mesh when teh design changed

Trice T:

used_bikes_IMAGE_bv.php

Trice Q:

3365893844_1b606f0400.jpg

Both has an "NT" version with narrower track to allow easier access to doors etc (4 " rings a bell)

Then horses...... The flag has little to do with the spooking. They are prey animals and as such react to predators

As most predators are low, sleek and fast.... recumbent trikes tend to be classified as such, hence the reaction

Attachments

• 3365893844_1b606f0400.jpg
    3365893844_1b606f0400.jpg
    24.4 KB · Views: 64
Last edited:
Top Bottom