W

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Cambram

Looks like a plastic mudguard. If it is, mark the area that fouls the front mech (masking tape or similar) heat with an electric heatgun and dimple the area with something like the end of a handbrush. Don't overdo the heat.

boydj

Legendary Member
Or use some snips to chop out a little bit of the mudguard where it is fouling. I've just bought mudguards where the dimple suggested above was already in place. I've still had to do a bit of surgery round the rear brake.

crossfire

Had the same problem with the mtb, it was preventing me shifting to the small ring. 2 mins with the tin snips, end of problem!

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...
Maybe move the whole mudguard up a bit? ie drill a hole lower than the one with the spacer. That could possibly move it further away from the mech without risking fouling the tyre.

I'm thinking you need the whole mudguard back.
Putting a spacer in just the bottom won't do that, it will just move the bottom in a bit.
You also need the mudguard bridge back as well.
How have you attached it to the seatstay bridge ??

Luck ......... ^_^

jay clock

Massive member
Your wish is my command.
mmm needs a clean!

Hard to see but it does seem a) huge and b) positioned behind the seat tube. My winter bike (admittedly braze on) the black bit is outboard a long way see here https://www.dropbox.com/s/ioqm75c2um9uz6r/IMG_6612.jpg?dl=0

Top Bottom