Multiple deaths and Police Officer stabbed in Glasgow attack.

glasgowcyclist

Charming but somewhat feckless
It looks like the stabbings all took place inside the hotel. A terrible event for those present and the families of the deceased. And there are some right ghouls tweeting photos of those injured.

I hope the cop's injuries aren't serious.

glasgowcyclist

Three people dead which could include the attacker who was reportedly shot dead by police.
The report I'm reading on BBC says "Three people are believed to have been stabbed to death in a stairwell to a hotel in Glasgow city centre." I guess things will become clearer as the investigation continues and official account is given by police.

Joey Shabadoo

My pronouns are "He", "Him" and "buggerlugs"
View: https://twitter.com/HumzaYousaf/status/1276509818635915264

But at the BBC -
14:51
Hotel thought to house asylum seekers
Linda Sinclair
BBC Scotland
The incident seemed to happen in the Park Inn Hotel on West George Street, which I understand is currently being used to house asylum seekers.
We have heard from the Scottish Police Federation that one police officer has been stabbed and we have unconfirmed reports that three people have died.
I have a friend who works at the Glasgow Royal Infirmary who told me they had prepared for six people coming into the hospital who had been stabbed.
'sakes

Drago

Flouncing Nobber
Sweet Jesus, what on earth is happening with people these days?

Police Scotland are claiming the Bobby is serious injured. Fingers crossed for an ex fellow brother or sister who was brave enough to put themselves in harms way protecting the public.

glasgowcyclist

Sweet Jesus, what on earth is happening with people these days?

Police Scotland are claiming the Bobby is serious injured. Fingers crossed for an ex fellow brother or sister who was brave enough to put themselves in harms way protecting the public.
Wishing him/her all the best. The SPF have said the officer is in a critical but stable condition.

glasgowcyclist

I still can't find any confirmation of these three deaths.

They are always mentioned in quotation marks or in terms like "we understand", "we're hearing reports that..." and that includes the BBC. The police twitter announcements do not mention any fatalities other than the suspect who was shot, but state that seven people are being treated in hospital (this includes the injured officer).

[edit : that should have read six not seven, my error.]

Last edited:

Edwardoka

Prolix Maximus
A horrendous thing to happen. I hope the survivors make a swift recovery.
Anyone who is willing to place themselves in danger in the direct defence of others showcases the greatest humanity has to offer.

Not a fan of the ghoulish speculation or voyeuristic sharing of images of victims currently circulating on social media. :sad:

Joey Shabadoo

My pronouns are "He", "Him" and "buggerlugs"
I wish news outlets would confirm what they broadcast instead of just racing to be first.
🤬
I remember when the BBC used to be the last with the news because they always waited for confirmation. You'd hear about something on the radio but you'd wait until the BBC made it official.

Now we had a BBC reporter writing " Ma pal Senga works in the hospital so she does but and she says there were 6 stretchers so there were but so she did".

I'm wondering if the Nats have a point about the BBC.

Edwardoka

Prolix Maximus
I remember when the BBC used to be the last with the news because they always waited for confirmation. You'd hear about something on the radio but you'd wait until the BBC made it official.

Now we had a BBC reporter writing " Ma pal Senga works in the hospital so she does but and she says there were 6 stretchers so there were but so she did".

I'm wondering if the Nats have a point about the BBC.
It's ridiculous that every single outlet got the basic facts of the attack so completely wrong.
The times we live in require a higher standard of care when reporting, not a lower one. :sad:

Leaving that to one side for a moment, you absolutely nailed the patois.

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
It's ridiculous that every single outlet got the basic facts of the attack so completely wrong.
The times we live in require a higher standard of care when reporting, not a lower one. :sad:

Leaving that to one side for a moment, you absolutely nailed the patois.
"News reporting" and commenting on it turned into a dubious form of entertainment some time ago.

Top Bottom