Multiple deaths and Police Officer stabbed in Glasgow attack.

Leaving that to one side for a moment, you absolutely nailed the patois.
My uncle married a Weegie from Springburn. One of 6 sisters - Charlene, Pauline, Jacqueline, Christine, Maureen and Darlene. I kid ye not. First time I visited when I was 14 I could barely keep a straight face, so I couldn't but.

Drago

Flouncing Nobber
A good friend of mine is a DS (down here, not up there) from the Gorbals. Once we've had a few too many he turns up the accent to 11, and I break into Shetlandic and people start to slowly back away.

Getting back on track, it would seem fairly certain no one died. The bobby was stabbed in the leg, so a likely femoral artery issue and he doubtless loss a fair old volume of blood. 41, so hopefully his system is robust enough to haul him back from that.

Beebo

Firm and Fruity
The BBC have clarified their 3 dead error saying that the 3 included the shot suspect plus 2 others who were believed to have died. It’s very poor reporting unless a police spokesperson got it wrong.

The guy who they shot had known mental health issues and staff were aware. That’s two multiple stabbings in a week were the suspect had mental health issues. Plus yesterday the autistic man who threw a boy off the Tate was sentenced but remains in Broadmoor.

We have to get on top of mental health. But that needs money and it isn’t a very glamorous health care issue.

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
The BBC have clarified their 3 dead error saying that the 3 included the shot suspect plus 2 others who were believed to have died. It’s very poor reporting unless a police spokesperson got it wrong.

if i remember correctly, pretty much everything the police spokespersons said after the killing of Jean Charles de Menzes was wrong.

glasgowcyclist

Charming but somewhat feckless
It’s very poor reporting unless a police spokesperson got it wrong
I put it down to poor reporting.

In all of the official police tweets I read there was never any mention of deaths other than that of the suspect. Various news outlets referenced unconfirmed and unsourced suggestions that ‘three people had been stabbed to death‘. That includes the BBC, who are lying if they are trying to claim that figure included the shot suspect.

It used be that you’d go to the BBC to confirm something you’d read elsewhere, now it’s the other way round.

Bromptonaut

Rohan Man
There were widespread reports of three deaths, presumably based on witness testimony of the state of the people stabbed. Ideally reputable media will wait for confirmation of that but it the number had proved correct those waiting would be perceived s behind the curve.

Slick

Guru
The police deployed a taser that failed before drawing their guns and shooting him dead.

glasgowcyclist

Ideally reputable media will wait for confirmation of that but it the number had proved correct those waiting would be perceived s behind the curve
If they confirmed the story first they’d be perceived as trustworthy and having integrity.
Every time they run with the gossip they tarnish their own reputation, not that there’s much of that left.

glasgowcyclist

Just to dispel any doubt that the BBC is lying with the claim that their figure of three deaths included the suspect, here's a screenshot of their story as it appeared on Friday:

three stabbed glasgow.jpg

Top Bottom