Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

raleighnut

Legendary Member
That's a really nice looking bike @raleighnut :okay: Bet it's still a blast to ride, long seatpost and all. :smile:
I wouldn't be surprised if that Claude Butler had 26" wheels, originally my bike would have looked like this one,

image;s=644x461.jpg

It's a bit hefty with those forks, they only made that size frame (14") as you're not really supposed to sit on the saddle and pedal.

LOL, my Chartres hybrid is a 15 inch frame. But yeah, those are pretty heavy duty dampers.

I wouldn't be surprised if that Claude Butler had 26" wheels, originally my bike would have looked like this one,

View attachment 486777

I'll guess I'll find out when I go to have a look. I could ride that bike of yours like a normal bike without having to put a long seatpost in. :laugh:

Although it seems to be a trend with kids around here (and some adults) to ride bikes with their knees somewhere in the region of their ears. It is rather comical to watch... :laugh:

It looks like a 'Jump' bike to me, similar to my Saracen 'Blitz' which was great fun bombing down forestry tracks until I came off and bust a collarbone, that then got a loonnng seatpost fitted (600mm plus the fitting from an old post) that I had machined out of seamless alloy tubing so I could ride it as a normal bike.

View attachment 486776

It's really good in snow.
It's fun riding in snow isn't it ? :smile:

Ripple

Veteran
Lewis and Gibbs sits at the same table. Lewis tries to be romantic - "Gibbs, there's something between us ..."

And Rob spoils everything - "Yes. A table".

Last edited:
Top Bottom