muvi video camera

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

deaksie

has anyone used one of these - a video camera for £40 isn't bad, and you can get a kit to fit it to the bike. just thinking.......

Hydra

Occasional Pepper Carver
I have one. It's alright.

Mine's on the top of my helmet, stuck out like a sore thumb. Great views from up there though...

Hydra

Occasional Pepper Carver
Are they? Where at?

My Muvi Atom was £45, which is the smallest one. According to Google the regular ones still sell at ~£40-£50.

Even eBay isn't much less...

OP
OP
deaksie

deaksie

yes it's £40 on Amazon and the same on play.com, and the pack of gadgets for attaching it to things isn't expensive either.
Mr Cellophane if you know where to get them cheaper I'd love to hear where.
Hydra, what were the results like? worth it or just too much hassle?

OP
OP
deaksie

deaksie

ah that one is an older model in fact it is £9.20 on this site http://www.1topstore.com/product_info.php?language=en&currency=GBP&products_id=11294

I know what you mean, losingfocus, but when they're that cheap it's worth considering

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
I used one for 6 months and they work ok.

In the end i sold mine off to pay for some winter base layers as a lot of my commute is on unlit roads so all i would see would be pitch black with a light spot for a lot of the time and i was bored of the download/recharge etc etc routine.

martint235

Dog on a bike
I have a muvi and they are ok. It's better off attached to a helmet, if you attach it to the bars all you'll get is judder from the road. This does mean you need to wear a helmet (not getting into this debate but I've just stopped wearing a helmet so still trying to find a use for camera!) and you'll also need to sort out the correct angle as it's a hinged bracket that holds it. Then you need to devise a way of remembering that angle.

rb58

Enigma
Held mine on the front of the helmet with 2 small cable ties, and then another one in the centre of the mount (tied horizontally) which meant when pushed right back on its hinges the mount/camera was at just the right angle. Downside for me is that battery life has deteriorated from about 75 - 90 minutes when I first got it, to 45 - 50 minutes now, which doesn't quite cover my commute. Has it about 18 months.

you can get chilli spyglasses { look like sunglasse } as advertised on pricedrop tv ! no idea what their like though???? "£25 last time they were on.

Top Bottom