My 1976 Carlton Corsa

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

WorcesteRob

Über Member
Here is my pride and joy that I nearly sold on ebay the other day but common sense came back to me and I decided to keep it and put some mileage in this year:

DSCF9133.jpg

It's all original (I believe) apart from the new tyres and in really good condition, could do with some new brake outers as worn slightly round the levers but apart from that runs like a dream.

DSCF9131.jpg

With no pitting and perfect chrome work when the better weather comes I'm just going to go out and enjoy riding!!

DSCF9132.jpg

DSCF9125.jpg

Attachments

• DSCF9133.jpg
    DSCF9133.jpg
    114 KB · Views: 389
  • DSCF9131.jpg
    DSCF9131.jpg
    109 KB · Views: 84
  • DSCF9132.jpg
    DSCF9132.jpg
    106.6 KB · Views: 93
  • DSCF9125.jpg
    DSCF9125.jpg
    122.4 KB · Views: 87

Herbie

Veteran
Good decision that man...sell a machine like that...what were you thinking?...cool bike..enjoy :bicycle:

Spokesmann

Keeping the Carlton and Sun names alive...
One of the best condition Corsas Ive seen in a long time. A fine looking machine. One minor criticism - loose that reflector!!:laugh:

OP
OP
WorcesteRob

WorcesteRob

Über Member
One of the best condition Corsas Ive seen in a long time. A fine looking machine. One minor criticism - loose that reflector!!:laugh:
Safety first lol, I know what you mean it's a tad ugly! Do you know anywhere that sell the black ribbed outers for the brake cables? Thanks for all the positive comments people :smile:

alecstilleyedye

nothing in moderation
always carry cable ties with you riding that. i had two out of three chainrings rattle loose and strip their threads, and only the actions of a clubmate who carried said cable ties saved me from being stranded 40 miles from home with an unridable bike.

if you ever have that problem, you use two ties in a cross for each bolt. it's actually pretty strong, and the crank felt less flexi than before…

OP
OP
WorcesteRob

WorcesteRob

Über Member
Ive alway been able to get them via fleabay
Thanks! I've purchased a cheap set for general riding at the moment along with some more reliable brake pads to enable me to stop. I wanted to get the proper ribbed ones so that when the time comes the bike can be restored as original as possible.....one more question if you don't mind - have you purchased the original Raleigh tyres as sold on eBay and are these close to what would have been on the bike originally?

Spokesmann

Keeping the Carlton and Sun names alive...
Thanks! I've purchased a cheap set for general riding at the moment along with some more reliable brake pads to enable me to stop. I wanted to get the proper ribbed ones so that when the time comes the bike can be restored as original as possible.....one more question if you don't mind - have you purchased the original Raleigh tyres as sold on eBay and are these close to what would have been on the bike originally?

The old 'Raleigh Racing' amber walled tyre are no longer available. I use Michelin World Tours, still fairly easy to get in the 27 x 1-1/4" size.

Top Bottom