My best birthday present

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Speicher

Vice Admiral
It was my birthday last Friday, and today I was given my best birthday present (for this year).

My physiotherapist said she does not want /S] need to see me any more.

:biggrin::wahhey:

She has said I can stop being having such a pain in the bum hip and get on my bike.;)

She suggested a exercise bike first of all, to get back some strength in my legs, after a whole year of not cycling. :sad: The only severe pain I get now is usually when trying to get out of my c*r. ;)

I have been doing a Pilates class which has helped a lot. Swimming was tricky because she said to do backstroke not breaststroke ;). Have you tried backstroke, even if you start off with a clear lane of water, some twit wants to collide with you. :sad:

The local rowing club are planning beginner sessions at the local Sports Centre, in boats designed to be stable for beginners. :biggrin: Twin hulled kayaks? So I am hoping to do that.

It is over a year since I mis-judged a return on the Badminton court, and fell backwards. :sad: Now it seems that progress will be starting to begin. :biggrin::boxing:

Who's for a Beer? :biggrin:;):smile::biggrin:

Yes please for a beer!

Good news, Speich; easy does it!

*gives Speich a gentle pat on the back* ;)

OP
OP
Speicher

Speicher

Vice Admiral
Cathryn said:
Fab news!!! Big (gentle) hug!! Do take it a bit gently to start off with though...no weight lifting...

To start off I will keep to the sponge cakes, flapjacks may have to wait.:biggrin:

OP
OP
Speicher

Speicher

Vice Admiral
User1314 said:
Coming to London on Nov 29th for a celebration tour?

I will have to admit to the fact that even last summer I was an almost complete beginner as a cyclist. :biggrin::blush:

I could join you and comandeer a table in an Establishment serving Refreshments. Arch suggested doing it in a clover leaf sort of shape. I will put the date in my diary, but make no promises yet about joining you all. I have been out of action for so long and stayed at home, or near home for over a year. London seems a very long way - do I need my passport?

OP
OP
Speicher

Speicher

Vice Admiral
Mr Phoebus said:
That's great news.
When you're up to it we'll have to meet half-way(ish) and besiege a café.

That's kind of you to suggest that. But I do not think I will be going halfway to anywhere very far for a while yet. I have not had very much exercise for over a year :ohmy:. Henley in Arden is a forty mile round trip, by bicycle :biggrin:.

Top Bottom