My best comeback yet!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

XmisterIS

Purveyor of fine nonsense
Yesterday, I saw a line of parked cars coming up, did a shoulder-check, there was car in the distance but not that close, I pulled out to pass the cars, then I heard the car behind accelerating hard, then I entered a pinchpoint and suddenly the car that had been in the distance was right up my backside beeping at me. I turned and looked and on closer inspection the car was a chavmobile and the driver obviously took offence to me blocking him from doing 60mph in a 30 zone in a built-up area.

As luck would have it (or not!) we were about 20 metres from a red traffic light. I stopped, and he screeched up beside me and shouted, "Get off the road you f***ing queer c**t!"

Now, clearly this man was a hater of cyclists, and had serious personal issues.

My first reaction was to get incredibly angry and in that split second when I was deciding whether to (a) shout back at him or (B) snap his wingmirror off ... I managed to restrain myself!

I said, "Don't be so rude! That's no way to talk to yourself!"

I could almost see the cogs whirring in his brain as he tried to figure that one out ...
biggrin.gif

Then he sped off when the lights changed and shouted something else incomprehensible at me.
huh.gif

BentMikey

Rider of Seolferwulf
LOL!

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
nice one..
laugh.gif

Reminds me of the time (yes, yes I have posted this before, but indulge me). When I was following a fully geared up roadie.
Stopped at the lights behind him when a chavmobile pulled up. The driver shouted to the roadie "Oi mate, are you queer?", to which the roadie replied with "Not when I am F****ing your mum!".
I laughed like a hyena....the driver didn't.

stowie

Legendary Member
nice one..
laugh.gif

Reminds me of the time (yes, yes I have posted this before, but indulge me). When I was following a fully geared up roadie.
Stopped at the lights behind him when a chavmobile pulled up. The driver shouted to the roadie "Oi mate, are you queer?", to which the roadie replied with "Not when I am F****ing your mum!".
I laughed like a hyena....the driver didn't.

Very funny. Reminds me of the Cricket sledging quote where the bowler asked the batsman "Why are you so fat?" to which the retort was "'cos every-time I shag your missus she gives me a biscuit". (Glenn Mcgrath and Eddo Brandes according to legend).

I keep this one stored in case, whilst cycling, any-one comments on my portly frame. Not sure I would have the nerve to use it though...

I have posted a bounty of £10 and a pack of custard creams to the first person that diffuses some anger by doing a strange dance...

Video proof required...

I had a car beep me tonight. I turned around and there were some hand signals suggesting I should be at the side. Then then accelerated past me, and looking at the front passengers I was amazed that they could fit in the door of such a small car!

Unfortunately I never caught them up as I have been ready with the following comment:

'Tell you what mate, you give me your car, I'll give you my bike. The roads will be safer and you might lose a pound or twenty. Everyones a winner'

:whistle::biggrin:

My response to the 'oi mate, are you queer?' jibe:

"Yes, bend over."

1. This does not involve mysoginistic patriarchal attitudes to women as 'property'

2. One's actual sexual orientation is irrelevant to its effectiveness.

3. It's much shorter than the others.

The downside is, it tends to perpetuate certain stereotyped views of male same-sex relationships, -but its probably worth it just for the look on the victims face . . .

The Recumbent (there's an ironic innuendo in there somewhere) Panda.

OP
OP
XmisterIS

XmisterIS

Purveyor of fine nonsense
There do seem to be an inordinate number of insults against male cyclists in general that question their sexuality ... I can imagine that some people morons might associate skin-tight lycra with homosexuality, but at the time of the insult against me, I was riding my mountain bike, I was a little muddy and I was wearing a long-sleeve, baggy DH top and knee-length DH camo shorts, so I was totally down with the cool kids, man. How that is "queer" I can't quite figure out ...

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
There do seem to be an inordinate number of insults against male cyclists in general that question their sexuality ... I can imagine that some people morons might associate skin-tight lycra with homosexuality, but at the time of the insult against me, I was riding my mountain bike, I was a little muddy and I was wearing a long-sleeve, baggy DH top and knee-length DH camo shorts, so I was totally down with the cool kids, man. How that is "queer" I can't quite figure out ...

You obviously weren't 'muddy' enough :whistle:

Top Bottom