My Card's Been Abused

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

girofan

Sent for some cycle bits from a well known internet store for cyclists in the South of England this week. Last night received a phone call from the provider saying that a fraud had been committed on several occassions in the following days with the details of my debit card account. I have 'lost' nearly £450.
If you are buying online or by phone with a debit/credit card beware. This company had fraud problems about 12 to 18 months ago, I considered that the problem had been sorted.
Investigations are ongoing so I cannot name the online retailer, but this warning should help you to focus. :ohmy:

Maz

Guru
girofan said:
Investigations are ongoing so I cannot name the online retailer, but this warning should help you to focus. :ohmy:
Sh1t. I've just ordered from them as well (if I understand you correctly). Hope I don't get stung as well.

domtyler

Über Member
Well
It
Generally
Goes without saying that people can end up
Losing
Endless amounts of money through fraud.

marinyork

Resting in suspended Animation
When I thought of buying off them I took the alternative route of purchase recommended here and had no problems.

postman

Legendary Member
Hope your troubles get sorted before xmas..It has happened to us twice.But we knew where and told the Bank.I have just spent a little money on cycling clothing this past week or two.Each company has taken the good old cheque.I even told them i would wait for clearance.Clothing was delivered in 48 hours.

Sittingduck

Legendary Member
fossyant said:
Use that payment company called PAYPAL when dealing with them !! Someone on the inside might be being a little naughty.......

Paypal has problems too though. I got hit for $400 fraud via Paypal about 3 or 4 years ago. Was a nightmare getting the money back! Haven't used them since. :tongue:

bornagain

I used "that firm" for the first time about a fortnight ago.

My cc has just been charged with three foreign purchases that have got nothing to do with me.

Coincidence ?

I don't know, but I won't be using them in future...

P.

Stan

This is several times this has been raised. I've deleted my details from the company and will not use again until they can get their act together.

Madcyclist

I got diddle through Paypal for sellers fees originating from Japan just 2 weeks ago, hadn't used Paypal or Ebay for best part of 18 months. Relieved to report that the refund finally hit my bank account at end of last week. Account now deleted.

Top Bottom