My copper-plated Brompton finally arrived!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

arallsopp

Post of The Year 2009 winner
Welcome to the Dark Side

Happy to be a small wheeler. But I like mine within arms reach at all times :smile:

OP
OP
CopperBrompton

CopperBrompton

Bicycle: a means of transport between cake-stops
I think Ben Cooper will probably be game, but not sure about the copper-plating company! The lacquering took them a long, long time ...

chriscross1966

Über Member
Also not ideal for folding bikes anyway, the folding and transportable nature means its relatively easy to bend a disc by accident especially with the small wheels. Disc brakes make sense generally but for folding bikes less so. Generally it's relatively rare to see them on small wheel folding bikes except gimmicky cheap chinese folding bikes. Hub brakes would be the best upgrade for Brompton brake wise I think although saying that don't actually know if such an upgrade exists.

I'd disagree, respectfully... I've been using a disc-braked Brompton for my commute for about the last year or so, originally with a Kinetics triangle which I then swapped for the Vostok one. The bike spends the 30-odd miles from Swindon to Oxford in a bus, laid down on the disc side under a seat... not had any problems with it at all, and on a more/less practical note (delete as appropriate) it means my not cheap deep-section carbon rims aren't getting any weart from braking... and on a Brompton that's no small issue, folks who do significant stop-start in-town commutes go through Brompton rims at a fair old lick, swapping a disc out is a lot easier/cheaper than getting a wheel rebuilt (or a new wheel)

OP
OP
CopperBrompton

CopperBrompton

Bicycle: a means of transport between cake-stops
Beats another suggestion of 'heating pipes' ...

Top Bottom