My first 10 miler, wahoo!!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

bev

Ok, ok I know nearly everyone on here has done a hell of a lot more than that, but today I did my first 10 miler and I'm very proud of myself.
Just needed to say it out loud :smile:

Little yellow Brompton

A dark destroyer of biscuits!
Ok, ok I know nearly everyone on here has done a hell of a lot more than that, but today I did my first 10 miler and I'm very proud of myself.

Well Done! :biggrin:

AlickB

good job, my first one nearly killed me lol, now i'm doing a 15 mile (each way) commute every day :biggrin: (also managed to lose the beer belly and put on a bit of muscle so the mrs is happy too!)

C

chillyuk

Good job, you are entitled to feel pleased with yourself. Good luck with going for 20!

Hip Priest

Veteran
Well done. You'll find your mileage increases quite quickly. I'm up to 18 now. Hoping to be doing centuries with a year. Need to get a half-decent roadbike first though.

Seigi

Very nice! I remember my first 10, was knackered at the end of it, my legs were aching like I'd just ran a marathon, and I was ready for passing out, now I manage 10 with ease, it's nice how you progress.

lulubel

Über Member
Well done. It's a great milestone. Double figures for the first time.

Melonfish

Evil Genius in training.
Indeed, did my first 10 not that long ago, made me smile ear to ear it did for at least a week!
congrats you ;)
be warned however, you will be trying to push yourself further now, its a sickness and you've got it! :biggrin:

gds58

Über Member

Nice one!! Whereabouts did you go? Despite what some people say, Essex can be quite 'bumpy' in places! Graham

Tyres23

Well done my first day back in saddle after an op I managed 4 miles before op pain but it's a start was hoping for my 50 this year but not likely now shame because I was so close at 42!!! It's a bug and once you get it as my wife says it's addictive!!!

Rapples

Guru
I'm not suffering, apart from the knees,they are aching. But feeling good. :thumbsup:

Try riding in an easier gear and let your legs go round faster. It's the most common mistake most people make. you really shouldn't be pushing down on the pedals that hard unless you are going up a big hill.

Rule of thumb:

Tired legs = too difficult gear
Out of breath = too easy gear
Tired legs and out of breath = get out on your bike more :biggrin:
Well done BTW :thumbsup:

OP
OP
B

bev

Bumpy? That's quite an understatement!
I didn't follow any route, I just kept pedalling.........Bedfords Park and surrounding areas.
Knees hurt cos its been a week since I've been on my bike.
Thanks for advice though :biggrin:

Top Bottom