My first road bike pinch from the Punc$ure F@iry!!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Zippy

I just found out you can't ride over some things on a road bike like you can with a MTB! Just collected my first pinch puncture having rode over an inspection cover where the tarmac had eroded from the edge; front went over ok, back went with a bang. Luckily didn't go completly flat until I got to my home.

Good excuse for riding primary!

neslon

Good excuse for riding primary!

and 'flating your tyres ;)

OP
OP
Z

Zippy

I thought they were 'flated! The bike is fresh out of the lbs having had its first service! Should have checked pressures although they felt pretty solid to me, thumb pressure.

CanucksTraveller

Macho Business Donkey Wrestler
Your LBS might not always check your tyre pressures for you, especially on that initial 6 week service, it's basically a lube and a cable adjustment to allow for stretch.

Do you have a track pump with gauge? Before I got a gauge I used thumb pressure but after I bought one I surprised myself at how "thumb pressure" can be as much as 20 or 30 PSI below optimum on road tyres..

Still, they happen. :angry:

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Easily done.........

How about, new tyres, off on a training ride, hit a big pot hole, less than half a mile from home. Next day, same route................ hit the flipping thing again, looking out for it......argh..........

Top Bottom