My hot date today....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Arch

Married to Night Train
We met a few weeks ago, and I wanted him then. I picked him up today, and after we'd got his length right, I took him all the way and back*. We got dirty in places, and his lack of protection means I'll have to wash my hat. There were times when I was panting and my thighs hurt, but no matter how hard it was to get up, I had a something left in the box, and of course, going down on him afterwards was fantastic....

I'm in love, and I'm going to see that we're legally united before too soon....

He's a Catrike Dash.:smile:

sideview.jpg

n+1 eh?:smile:

*to Tadcaster

alecstilleyedye

nothing in moderation
dirty girl arch :smile:

i suggest you get some 'guards :smile:

OP
OP
Arch

Arch

Married to Night Train
alecstilleyedye said:
dirty girl arch :smile:

i suggest you get some 'guards :smile:

They're on the list, together with rack and replacing the boom with one fitted for a triple derailleur....

I don't know how many cars passed me while out - dozens, and all but about 3 passed right over on the other side of the road, which sort of lays the 'you can't see them' argument to rest... (and those three still gave plenty of room, just that their nearside wheels didn't quite cross the white line). I'm used to riding a trike, but today it was particularly noticeable.

TVC

So Arch spent the afternoon on her back, grinding away... no surprises there then :smile:

(Nice looking machine by the way)

OP
OP
Arch

Arch

Married to Night Train
fossyant said:
That looks nippy....

It feels it too. I have no idea what speeds I was doing, no computer fitted, but it just felt fast (all recumbents feel a bit faster, being lower down, anyway). and like it wanted to go. It's quite low geared at the moment, which suits me on the ups, but if I can convert it to a double or triple for touring, I'll have some more gears to push downhill....

It's designed for kids (teenagers anyway), so it's just right for my proportions - short cranks and all. And fluoro orange might not have been my colour choice, but talk about hi-vis!

It's a terrible luxury, but I might be able to get a good deal, and I'll sell the old trike, and I am earning now...

I forgot to say, there was a certain amount of vibration, because I'd made sure he was good and hard before we set out....:smile:

OP
OP
Arch

Arch

Married to Night Train
HelenD123 said:
That looks very sporty Arch. We won't see you for dust, well maybe if the roads weren't so wet...

Well, I think for sociability's sake, I'll do group rides on the Galaxy or FCR - it's harder to chat when one person is 'up there' and the other 'down there'.

But with no sore bum or arms, I'm thinking those centuries might come easier....

OP
OP
Arch

Arch

Married to Night Train
It's a measure of how much fun it was that I did 31 miles, non-stop (well, one comfort stop behind a hedge, and two brief pauses to eat cereal bars). I went straight through Tadcaster, and didn't even bother to stop at the cafe!

I think I was out for about 3 hours, so not a blistering overall pace, but I just kept spinning the cranks. Legs a bit tired towards the end, and a bit of cramp in the feet, but that might have been down to dehydration (forgot a waterbottle:blush:), or using toeclips so my feet weren't totally secure on the pedals - once we're married, I'll put my SPDs on it. Him.

First proper ride out recumbent since the summer before last, too - you get the legs back pretty quickly I think.

Norm

Arch said:
Not fair, I want one now! :blush:

The chains look immense on those. Are there not mechanical losses through having such a long chain which goes through all those guides?

Top Bottom