My legs are rubbish today

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

downfader

extimus uero philosophus
Dear christ I couldnt get it together this morning. Wind in my face and from the side. Just constant struggling, and I thought "my legs aint gonna take this today"

I get into work and as anyone who suffers with mild migranes knows it can affect your vision and make you feel like [bleep]. My eyes start to go, flashing lights, etc. Thankfully it didnt go full blown or I'd have had to walk home early.

On the way home I had a massive tailwind ALL the way home. ;):smile: Was fantastic. Even up 2 steep hills. Thats never happened before.

Oh and 3 people noticed the camera today, none of it negative (one other cyclist, a lad as passenger in a white transit-style van and some kid, lol):tongue:

I think I've only seen one other ATC, then again you can't miss them ;-)

OP
OP
downfader

downfader

extimus uero philosophus
Yeah atc's are easy to spot. I think they noticed as it was a black lump on me helmet (oo-er) and a big cable hanging down the back of me head. :hyper:

mr_cellophane

Legendary Member
downfader said:
Yeah atc's are easy to spot. I think they noticed as it was a black lump on me helmet (oo-er) and a big cable hanging down the back of me head. :biggrin:

What is the cable for ? Is the ATC on top or side ? I tried to see from the shadows in your night time vids.

OP
OP
downfader

downfader

extimus uero philosophus
mr_cellophane said:
What is the cable for ? Is the ATC on top or side ? I tried to see from the shadows in your night time vids.

Sorry I was talking about when I used to use the atc. I now use a HQ-2 camera that connects via cable to a HQR-2 dvr unit. Slightly harder to spot than the atc. :biggrin:

buggi

Bird Saviour
the wind is 23mph for the next few days by me ;) i have two weeks off work and i just want to get out and do some cycling but it's howling round my flat. i'm not a happy bunny

Maz

Guru
My legs don't feel too bad. Rode in, played footie at lunchtime in the park. Rode home!

DJ

Formerly known as djtheglove
I get day's like that, when me legs (and brain) are just not up to it, the tail wind is definatley helping at the moment and going in to the wind I just keep my head down and grind away, overtook 5 other cyclists doing thast last night.:laugh:

Did my 'full commute' of 16 miles on Sunday (OK that's not that far but, first time this year!) MY GOD I was knackered, that wind was relentless, direct headwind 100% of the way, at one point I got some strange looks from car drivers as I was shouting 'come on!' to myself to keep myself moving forwards up a mild incline. It's taken two days for the muscles in my legs to stop hurting.

I am quite unfit :thumbsup: Hopefully it'll be less windy this weekend :laugh:

Goffins

buggi said:
the wind is 23mph for the next few days by me :smile: i have two weeks off work and i just want to get out and do some cycling but it's howling round my flat. i'm not a happy bunny

Similar speeds down on the West Sussex coast, it's fine riding to work but on the way home it's a great deal more effort.

My trick is to time my work exit just right so I meet up with this other rider on the way home, I let him breeze past then fall into his slipstream:laugh:

I think it annoys him a little as he pedals furiously to get away but with the lesser wind resistance I often find myself stopping peddaling entirely.

Maybe I should return the favour someday, I'm new to the whole road bike thing so am unsure the etiquette, well that's the line I'm sticking to.

I'm new by the way so hello to one and all.

OP
OP
downfader

downfader

extimus uero philosophus
Goffins said:
Similar speeds down on the West Sussex coast, it's fine riding to work but on the way home it's a great deal more effort.

My trick is to time my work exit just right so I meet up with this other rider on the way home, I let him breeze past then fall into his slipstream:laugh:

I think it annoys him a little as he pedals furiously to get away but with the lesser wind resistance I often find myself stopping peddaling entirely.

Maybe I should return the favour someday, I'm new to the whole road bike thing so am unsure the etiquette, well that's the line I'm sticking to.

I'm new by the way so hello to one and all.

Its not the done thing to slipstream another cycle commuter here. You'd get a chainlock around your head. :sad::laugh:

Have to say I've never slipstreamed. Most around here are too slow (except the two old boys who left me for dust :tongue::laugh:)

Goffins

downfader said:
Its not the done thing to slipstream another cycle commuter here. You'd get a chainlock around your head. :biggrin::laugh:

Have to say I've never slipstreamed. Most around here are too slow (except the two old boys who left me for dust :ohmy::laugh:)

'For dust' or in an actual cloud of dust created by their aging skin?

Either way it's bad.

I'm suprised at the slipstreaming thing to be fair, I felt safer when there was two of us with our combined candle power blinding the drivers.

It was only my third day of cycle commuting after two years out so once I'm back to peak I'll hopefully take the wind in my stride but until then, watch your lycra clad bums:laugh:

Top Bottom