My new bike storage facility

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

jamin100

Guru
So here was my conundrum

I have a nice new bike that I don't want thrown in and ruined in our 6x4 shed around the back of the house

I have 3 young children and a wife that would never allow the bike to be kept in the house

I can't afford or have any room for one of those fancy metal bike sheds.

So where do I store my bike to keep it dry?

Well at the weekend I covered my side passage and mounted the bike on the wall. Total cost £40

IMG_20111026_130443.jpg

I've got a cover too that goes over the bike but I'm pretty pleased with my efforts

Sent from my Nexus One using Tapatalk

Night Train

Maker of Things
Nice work but make sure it is well secured to an anchor that is security bolted to the wall.
:smile:

OP
OP
jamin100

jamin100

Guru
Ohhh good idea, hadn't thought of that. Got some carpet tiles to stick on the wall at the weekend to protect the parts of the bike that touch the wall

Sent from my Nexus One using Tapatalk

OP
OP
jamin100

jamin100

Guru
just a thought ...... clear out the above mentioned shed ,put all items under the newly built side passage cover ...keep bike locked in shed, :thumbsup: RESULT

lol if only it were that simple.

+ the shed is at the back of the house and we have no access to the bark garden from the front of the house so the bike would have to weave through the living room and kitchen to get it in and out. Again the wife and kids are the downfall...

If its at the side i'll use it more

400bhp

Guru
You really need some kind of security too.

Fix a post into the ground and buy a good d-lock to attach it to.

PJ79LIZARD

Über Member
My weekend bike hung off the living room wall for a few months, I quite liked it, but my mrs didn't seem to have the same love for it. I moved it and hung it on the hall wall instead! It's all about compromise lol

OP
OP
jamin100

jamin100

Guru
Are you sure that is strong/secure enough?

Have you used standard bolts or tamper proof security bolts?

its probably not the most secure solution but with my limited budget and very limited DIY skills its probably not far off the best I could do.,

I used some 3.5inch screws that went in very tightly with my mains electric drill. My battery one wasnt shifting them and even the electric powered one struggled. It would take a great deal of force and noise to remove them. It would be easier to saw through the wall bracket.

Top Bottom