my new commute

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

buggi

Bird Saviour
my work has moved to Hinckley so this is the profile for my new commute (solihull to hinckley) you need to move the bar along the bottom to see the whole profile. and you will have to pan out to see the whole route, can't get it to save smaller

http://www.gmap-pedometer.com/?r=2597919

i did it today for a test run. feck me! nearly 2000ft ascent over 46 miles, 2300 calories (that's the return journey. i was done by the time i got back to Hampton in Arden). felt sick when i got home :evil: ha ha

think maybe two times a week will keep me fit. good training for riding to paris tho. three times a week and i'll have buns of steel ;)

snakehips

buggi said:
three times a week and i'll have buns of steel :evil:

Way to go !

regards.jpg
from.jpg
snakehips.jpg

Cubist

Still wavin'
Spooky. You pass my brother's house in the first mile and then my mum's as you swoop down Hampton High Street! You'll learn to love Hampton High Street on the way home, quads on fire!:evil:

OP
OP
buggi

buggi

Bird Saviour
Cubist said:
Spooky. You pass my brother's house in the first mile and then my mum's as you swoop down Hampton High Street! You'll learn to love Hampton High Street on the way home, quads on fire!:evil:

o yea! i noticed today! that last hill wiped me out. after that i think i rode the rest of the way at 8mph lol

RedBike

so you only do it once a year then? :evil:
Lol, it feels like it some days.

Only done it a dozen or so times so far this year. I should be commuting by bike near enough every day by the end of this month.

Scratch

Über Member
woah, I've started a new job in Hinckley as well, small world. I'm always pleasantly surprised by the number of cyclists I see in Hinckley.

I drive from Sutton Coldfield :sad: I'm too much of a wuss to cycle the 25 miles from home to Hinckley on the A5, plus I have to get there at 7:45am. I can't wait till April when I'll be working in Brum again and I can get back on my bike.

Well done for commuting that far, should be very good training. I see you've avoided the A45, probably a good plan :tongue:

OP
OP
buggi

buggi

Bird Saviour
had an email this week from a cyclist i used to work with to tell me had come back to the same company but unfortunately was working from... da da daaaa... the HINCKLEY office! hahaa!

and he cycles in same route as me (but lives further away). and although i prob won't cycle with him (coz he's fast!) this means (a) i'm not a mad loon after all (:biggrin: he has confirmed there is no problem with traffic except for on the way home at rush hour through nuneaton town centre but he and another guy have worked out a route to avoid it and (c) he's given me a top tip... drive to Hampton Station and bike from there which cuts mileage down to more manageable 18 miles each way which he is thinking of doing (he currently does 29 each way, mine would be 22) which could make the vital difference between me falling asleep in meetings and not falling asleep in meetings :tongue:

Top Bottom